Skiing and Riding On This Date

Went on the ridge to the Belleayre Mountain Lean-to and returned back the same way. Checked out and back in with patrol at the summit since the trail to Cathedral was closed.
R - "Hey Mr. Patroller me and my friend here are looking to hike the ridge out to the Belleayre lean-to"
P - "Why on earth would you want to go out that way, the coverage is far too thin for tree skiing"
R - "Safety meeting sir"
P - "On your way, safety first!"

R - "Hey Mr. Patroller me and my friend here are looking to hike the ridge out to the Belleayre lean-to"
P - "Why on earth would you want to go out that way, the coverage is far too thin for tree skiing"
R - "Safety meeting sir"
P - "On your way, safety first!"
Better safe than sorry.

Jan 5 2020. @Scottski63 comes North to Gore...

Gore gondola

...and we had a great day skiing thin cover in the trees.

Tahawas Trees

My first pow on NTN...

NTN

Face, how do bumps do with snowmaking going on there? Are they just going to mow em all over or does it ski pretty well?
On most trails, they'll groom them out after a couple of days. There's really only two trails (with snowmaking) that I can think of where they'll leave the bumps "long term" ... Lower Mackenzie and Lookout Below.

On most trails, they'll groom them out after a couple of days. There's really only two trails (with snowmaking) that I can think of where they'll leave the bumps "long term" ... Lower Mackenzie and Lookout Below.
Oh ok. Can you resurface old moguls with snowmaking snow or would that surface suck for skiing on?

Oh ok. Can you resurface old moguls with snowmaking snow or would that surface suck for skiing on?
At Blue they will continue to resurface them for a week or two until they get too deep and/or wonky then mow them down and re-seed. FYI @Harvey, supposed to have bumps this weekend, will post in the conditions thread if it happens.

Back