Questions for Car Experts

Fair enough. The RAV hybrid which is ugly as hell imo is many thousands more. I like the honda more, but the rav is cheaper with higher mpg. Both are 20k more than I have ever spent on a car.

FWIW I wasn't really thinking about modifying the sedan, just going from low profile to normal tires.

The driveway isn't that steep anymore, more about keeping the snow clear. I guess I will have free time huh.

Fair enough. The RAV hybrid which is ugly as hell imo is many thousands more. I like the honda more, but the rav is cheaper with higher mpg. Both are 20k more than I have ever spent on a car.

FWIW I wasn't really thinking about modifying the sedan, just going from low profile to normal tires.

The driveway isn't that steep anymore, more about keeping the snow clear. I guess I will have free time huh.
If you like the Honda get the Honda. Stretched over many years, the price difference will fade, but the uglieness will always be there. ;)

#1 -- it will void your warranty should any issue be traced back to your modifying factory suspension
#2 -- without a lift kit you'll experience rubbing on the inner fender/splash guards
#3 -- most likely your speedo will be off
#4 -- buy a vehicle that meets ALL of your needs without modifying it. Factory shit is simply better.
#5 -- look hard at Subaru. They're all over the ADK for a reason
THIS !!! 8.7 inches ground clearance !! Have had 2 OB's they are great in the white shit. My wife's RaV XLE ain't too shabby in it either but the OB LTD has more ground clearance and rides like a cloud .

Last edited:
Harv you need a pick up truck to live in the north country. that is the only way you will get any street cred

Harv you need a pick up truck to live in the north country. that is the only way you will get any street cred
Dude pay attention. Two cars. One "electric" for my wife. One truck.

If Toyota would get off their ass and make the TOYOTA version of the Ford Mav, it would be a done deal.

You know after probably a year wait.

And the Prius awd is a bit different
If I recall it’s only active bellow 10 mph.
The new 2023 makes it a normal eAWD (a la the Rav4) rather than effectively an extra push from a stop. Supposedly, the ground clearance is increased to 6", as well (and they bumped HP to almost 200). I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to get under the car and measure for myself. 6" is quite high for a small compact hatch, and larger than almost any current sedan model. Having seen some video and pictures, I am a bit surprised that is the official measurement... but it is kinda difficult to eyeball that stuff online.

Lift kit would be better than wrong sized tires. But you might as well just get a different car for all the reasons camp noted. Good ground clearance with AWD and good MPG is a tough combo, especially if you drive a lot of highway... many of the supposed good MPG hybrid SUVs have actual highway MPG much lower than EPA ratings. If the 2023 Prius really does have 6" GC, that is something that I might consider for my next car. Lots of rave reviews from the YT auto community.

Last edited:
My wife loves the Prius and it is way cheaper than the RAV hybrid or prime. It comes in AWD, but the clearance is very low. I see they show it with "low profile tire." Wondering if that 5.3" is with those low tires. If so, could I get to 7 inches? Would the car drive ok? A CRV or RAV are 8.point.something and that is plenty for our needs.
I'ver seen my share of Prii (plural of Prius, pronounced pree-eye) in VT with Nokian snow tires.

Last edited:
Back