Poll: Best Ski Area in the Central NY?

Poll: Best ski resort in the Syracuse/Utica area?

• Total voters
I'm curious. Your handle is TheUpstateNYer, yet you aren't familiar with these ski hills? Are you not from the area? New to skiinmarcy
You can't get any more upstate than Marcy New york. It is the geographical center of New York actually LOL right @Brownski

Okay now for the serious response. Greek Peak is the biggest resort of all those listed above. Snow Ridge has the best snow. McCaulay has the best vibe. Best way to choose between the three is where the lake effect is going.

Out of these six resorts in the Syracuse/Utica area, which is the best for terrain, price, and snow totals in late December?
Greek has the most terrain but also the most expensive but is on Indy pass. Snow Ridge is on Indy pass but also very affordable. McCauley might be the cheapest lift ticket in America still. If snow totals are the same at all three I would go to Greek for the sheer volume of terrain. But the other two tend to have more snow this time of the year.

I'm curious. Your handle is TheUpstateNYer, yet you aren't familiar with these ski hills? Are you not from the area? New to skiing?
Used to live in Marcy and loved it a lot but sadly moved to Virginia a year ago because my family likes the warmer weather. Only went to Woods Valley and Snow Ridge and that's it. Will move back in 4 years permanently. But going back and skiing on December 28th to one of these 5 resorts and January 1st at Gore.

Last edited:
Back