Our Accord was totaled and now I gotta buy a new car.

A 2.0 turbo? I guess I misunderstood the demographic here. I'm more of a smiles per gallon kinda guy. The 10at is a half a second quicker to 60 than the manual. Torque is fun. Hope it all works out for you.
This car is not for me, it's for a nervous girl who pees her pants whenever she hears it downshift. I want a car she's comfortable driving in the snow, and less power is more better for that. To be fair, I don't have the skills to manage 300hp+ with FWD, and not many drivers do. That's why they have all those electronic nannies now, I would rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow anyway, YMMV

My issue with the 10at is that first gear is so low that it's difficult launch on anything less than a perfectly clean dry road. It actually hooks up better and is faster starting in second gear, I don't understand why they did that. Maybe to eliminate the last microsecond of turbo lag, but it makes the car harder to manage in any slippery condition. It would have been a better car if I could have locked out first gear and driven it as a 9 sped.

mm

This car is not for me, it's for a nervous girl who pees her pants whenever she hears it downshift. I want a car she's comfortable driving in the snow, and less power is more better for that. To be fair, I don't have the skills to manage 300hp+ with FWD, and not many drivers do. That's why they have all those electronic nannies now, I would rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow anyway, YMMV

My issue with the 10at is that first gear is so low that it's difficult launch on anything less than a perfectly clean dry road. It actually hooks up better and is faster starting in second gear,

mm

If I had stupid amounts of money, I'd buy a Ferrari or something with a bazillion horsepower. But in snow, I'm quite happy driving a VW with not much horsepower.

If I had stupid amounts of money, I'd buy a Ferrari or something with a bazillion horsepower. But in snow, I'm quite happy driving a VW with not much horsepower.
Sluggish cars are way better in the snow. The best snow car ever was my ex's Ford Tempo with 4 snow tires. Easy to drive and sp crappy you didn't care if you stuffed it into a snowbank. I was happy my daughter was driving that.

mm

And our VW won’t let you do much when the car is driving, many of the menus are not available unless the car is in park!
Isn't that annoying. You want to figure the system out you have to sit in the driveway.

Sure, you should have to sit in the driveway if you need to figure things out. Safety first. Once you have things figured out, and you want to do something relatively simple after you leave the parking lot, it gets slightly annoying. Not a huge deal for me, I was just observing.

Back