Our Accord was totaled and now I gotta buy a new car.

Milo Maltbie

The new car has to be a sedan with leather seats. Apparently nothing else matters except the color.
If a buy a new Accord, it's a top of the line hybrid. That's $40K+, and a hybrid doesn't make any sense to me for the way we use the car. Also, it comes with 19 inch wheels. You can't find the one with 17 inch wheels, and this car has to be parked on the street at least a few times a month , which was how it got wrecked in the first place.
A Subaru Legacy is a few K cheaper, but 18 inch wheels and a total touch screen dash.

The whole experience is making me want the best 61 Impala I can find.

mm

If you need more rear passenger room the Accord is bigger. If you don’t need the extra rear passenger space for long trips…check out the Mazda 3.

For $35k you can get a Premium Plus with Turbo, all wheel drive, and leather (and lots of other nice stuff, and Mazda doesn’t believe in touch screens or CV transmissions). 250hp and 310ft lb of torque (more than a BMW 2/3), the Mazda3 is tight, and FUN. Definitely hits above its weight class. My son just picked one up, he’s very happy!

If you need more rear passenger room the Accord is bigger. If you don’t need the extra rear passenger space for long trips…check out the Mazda 3.

For $35k you can get a Premium Plus with Turbo, all wheel drive, and leather (and lots of other nice stuff, and Mazda doesn’t believe in touch screens or CV transmissions). 250hp and 310ft lb of torque (more than a BMW 2/3), the Mazda3 is tight, and FUN. Definitely hits above its weight class. My son just picked one up, he’s very happy!
yep...
we have 2 CX5...nicest suv in it's class..and cheapest...

Subaru Legacy. The touch screen is great. You will get used to it and love it. Why no to a hybrid?

Subaru Legacy. The touch screen is great. You will get used to it and love it. Why no to a hybrid?
Touch screens are an abomination. you can't do anything with them without taking your eyes off the road. We did a test drive in a Legacy this morning and it was 2 screens deep to turn on the AC.
Whoever designs dashboards never drove a car.
I have nowhere to plug in and the way we use the car is mostly long trips and an occasional commute to the office. Hybrids and EVs are great for commuter cars but I'll never recover the added cost by fuel savings. I'm also concerned that any hybrid or EV will be sketchy in snow.

mm

Last edited:
I have a Mazda3 but it's too small for The woman Of My Dreams.

mm

Reactions: JTG
Touch screens are an abomination. you can't do anything with them without taking your eyes off the road. We did a test drive this morning and it was 2 screens deep to turn on the AC.
Whoever designs dshboards never drove a car.

mm
And our VW won’t let you do much when the car is driving, many of the menus are not available unless the car is in park!

nothing stupider than a self driving car that won't let you take your hands off the wheel and play with the touch screens! :geek:

I recommend a 2022 Accord Touring with the 2.0T and 10at. Ktune and throw on some Crossclimate 2's.
Stage 2 tune is netting around 310hp and 360 ft/lbs of torque.

Back