Looking for Mono Ski

Im kind of curious to try one myself. I thought I was curious about snow blades also but I clicked into Dangerboy’s skis for one run at Magic and it got my mind straight. A monoboard might be enough to justify frequent visits to Big Snow this summer

I live about a mile from a small hill ( Big Bear), and I get a little bored from time to time. I remember a guy who used to mono in the eighties at Hunter. It looked real cool , and why not try something new. I was tele curious from spending time at Platty , so I now sorta tele.

I live about a mile from a small hill ( Big Bear), and I get a little bored from time to time. I remember a guy who used to mono in the eighties at Hunter. It looked real cool , and why not try something new. I was tele curious from spending time at Platty , so I now sorta tele.
I monoskied in the late eighties and early nineties around the Catskills and Berkshires. A good friend had one as well and we spent a lot of time at Gore with the old Gondi and Darkside. They are a blast, especially in the bumps.

There is a mono dude on here. I can’t remember who it is now but he’s a Gore skier

Great answer. When I was younger I did things like that. Take tele skis out from the rental shop (free for employees), go up the tram at Jay with one ski, etc.

Great answer. When I was younger I did things like that. Take tele skis out from the rental shop (free for employees), go up the tram at Jay with one ski, etc.
Same
I was never on a board. Few of us strapped them on and headed to the top of M1. I fell, broke my thumb, and I've never been on a board ever again.

Back