Happy Holidays to ScottySkis and All of NYSB

First Christmas alone.... a long run,;a quiet day at home.... made myself a nice meal. I had feared depression, but it was a good day altogether. The Bach Festival on WKCR, and Jim the Poet's Christmas Day show on WFMU helped immensely.

Taking the kiddo to DC to visit my brother today. Stoked.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year!!!

Xmas eve plans got cancelled because host's family was sick. My inlaws kindly dropped off a Polish feast. Christmas was nice, two noshows due to covid. We hosted and had a lot of fun. First year the kids were in on the Santa thing (11 and 9) but I was happy it didn't spoil their magic.

After insisting no one wake up before 7 am so we could all sleep, I was super excited and woke up at 530 and started additional food prep. That has not happened in a while. Not a night owl but no longer a morning bird.

We made: braised short rib, garlic knots, cinnamon squash, tasty salad, salmon, bacon mac and cheese (gruyere, cheddar, parm), pumpkin pie, ricotta pine nut tart (Batali recipe).

Managed to pick up a gift for my better half. We do a thing where she buys her own gifts because I am not so good at it and I don't like shopping. She liked it. I got some small things from Santa, and we bought our first TV in 13 years (I am now good at video games because I can see things; luckily we got the TV in time for knockout round of world cup). Kids were happy with their things. More importantly than any of the gifts/things was the family time together. One nice thing about getting into camping, it is now easy to shop for me ; )

Now up to Gore tomorrow for a week of fun with another family we have been heading up with for a few years.

Back