Gore Mountain Conditions

Weird day - summit and top ridge are pretty decent, but snow guns running on sunway, quiksilver, and arena all day are a mess to ski thru - would hate to be a beginner on Sunway today.

Seems it all about building up base for Fisu games and not getting more terrain open. Crazy that Sleeping Bear isn’t open.
But net, net possibly good they are blowing them. Sounds like sacrificing those folks one day to get them in decent shape for the week. I say this as someone sensitive to beginners and recalling my first day skiing Wildcat in the guns on a green in I think December 1998 or January 1999 : ) Learned the value of goggles.

Yep, I thought the same thing. Ridiculous that there's zero attempt to open Echo, Sleeping Bear, or more of the summit terrain.

They also need to do a lot better job with operations on the base area lifts. There must at least 10-15 gondola cabins with broken doors that are unusable. Fix them. Although the gondola has a singles line, they still can't seem to figure out how to fill the cabins. I keep seeing cabins with only 4 or 5 people. At least load 6, and if there's a big line, then 8.

The Adirondack Express still has no singles line at all, making it impossible to fill chairs, and the off ramp is really icy, causing it to stop a lot.

Most resorts largely ignore that number, so it's not a hard limit, and that doesn't explain repeatedly sending cabins up with 4 or 5. That's just laziness.

I couldn't believe how many cabins were unusable because of broken doors. It's kind of inexcusable to allow the main lift to be in such poor condition.

That would be one of the oldest and most unreliable lifts on the mountain?
DA1CE2B4-47DD-43E2-9BBB-4EDB9F7E4CE7.jpeg

Most resorts largely ignore that number, so it's not a hard limit, and that doesn't explain repeatedly sending cabins up with 4 or 5. That's just laziness.

I couldn't believe how many cabins were unusable because of broken doors. It's kind of inexcusable to allow the main lift to be in such poor condition.
Probably not broken just frozen shut , from the recent rain then freeze.

That's why they need to enclose the cabin parking. The rails are already in place at the top. Indoor cabin storage is absolutely essential for proper gondola maintenance and operations, yet is omitted by so many resorts.

Back