Fall Weather 2024

From the NYT, temps around 85 degrees. Insane

1728408944972.png

Last edited:
I've read that this storm surge is setting up to be unprecidented? Jason?

Hope everyone's family/friends are safe.
yep...this storm is pushing a lot of water in front of it.. not sure on the tide schedule ....it's not good, the only saving grace is the winds look to be from the NE, which would push water out of tampa bay .. so much depends on the exact track

It's pretty cool in the Berkshires this week. Spending a few days at Jiminy Peak with a ski/travel buddy and her husband. Caught three days with sun to enjoy fall colors. I put the week on our calendar back in Dec 2023, so we got very lucky.

October 9, 2024 at Jiminy Peak
Jiminy Peak Oct2024 - 1.jpeg

Uncle’s place near Tampa Bay in St. Pete had water in it from Helene.
Lots of folks had their ruined stuff put out near the roads for pick up.
Unfortunately Milton gonna blow all that stuff around.
Hope folks stay safe.

My mom and stepdad rode it out in their house. About 6 or so miles north of Tampa airport. They're fine, house is fine. No power or internet. Fortunately they're 50 feet above sea level.

Water in the Gulf of Mexico is warmer than it used to be, which is making hurricanes more violent. If I can find the article that I read about that, I'll share it.

My mom and stepdad rode it out in their house. About 6 or so miles north of Tampa airport. They're fine, house is fine. No power or internet. Fortunately they're 50 feet above sea level.

Water in the Gulf of Mexico is warmer than it used to be, which is making hurricanes more violent. If I can find the article that I read about that, I'll share it.
Glad to hear they are safe

Back