Fall Weather 2020

Did they stop naming storms? Or are they getting less publicity.

Not that I liked it but yea I guess I liked it.
Naming snow storms doesn't make any meteorologic sense. It's just something some marketing person made up. What is the Weather Channel going to start naming next? Foggy conditions, rain showers, cold spells, heat waves, earthquakes?
From USA Today today: "The Weather Channel called the storm "Winter Storm Gail," though no other forecasting companies nor the Weather Service uses the name."

Naming snow storms doesn't make any meteorologic sense. It's just something some marketing person made up. What is the Weather Channel going to start naming next? Foggy conditions, rain showers, cold spells, heat waves, earthquakes?
From USA Today today: "The Weather Channel called the storm "Winter Storm Gail," though no other forecasting companies nor the Weather Service uses the name."
It makes sense for me, it helps me with the blog title.

I miss the weather channel from 21 years ago

Well that was a kick in the ass!!!
Just measured 23”.... but this morning had to be 26”-28”

7 “fargon” hours later I’m finally on the couch. Oh yeah...my back hurts too ?

no way gore only has 6 inches, over 20 inches now in lake george, over 30 inches now in queensbury
They have 8 on their late day snow report. Just because Lake George got 20 doesn't mean North Creek got slammed. Every storm has a cut off zone, and this one left the Adirondacks and Northern VT alone.

I'm at 1300' and 7 miles north of the peak at Gore. We got 8" of nice light snow. Took a few runs late in the day at Gore after digging out and they didn't get any more than that. Looks like southern Vermont got hammered.

Back