Enjoy this Thread Responsibly

I sold Alexander Grappa for awhile back in the day. Good stuff. That is a an acquired taste though
Winebow's founder collected grappa. Just like any other beverage category, quality ranges from lousy to ne plus ultra. This is better than average.

I only had one experience with grappa in some Italian village, I believe I hallucinated a little bit...

I only had one experience with grappa in some Italian village, I believe I hallucinated a little bit...
Back in the day, Leonardo (Winebow's founder) would say, "If you want to get ahead in this company, you must drink Tiefenbrunner's grappa!" Herbert Tiefenbrunner, in the Alto Adige. Wore lederhosen and spoke Italian with a German accent. All sorts of roots and herbs steeping in his grappa. That was rough stuff.

If you really want to hallucinate, I can get you some absinthe!

You feeling run down? a tickle in your throat? a cold coming on, perhaps? this what you need. It doesn’t taste good or anything….

0E07D52A-56CA-4175-AF39-B405ACE9A7A9.jpeg

D8A58957-A0D0-4ACA-88EF-2DBB2F569EC0.jpeg

You feeling run down? a tickle in your throat? a cold coming on, perhaps? this what you need. It doesn’t taste good or anything….

View attachment 20052

View attachment 20053
An ingredient for a dang Hotty Toddy.

When I was there, ya couldn’t buy cold beer in the “City" of Oxford and the county (Lafayette) was a dry county.
But ya could float a boat on the hard stuff those folks consumed though.

Named after the 1st mayor of the Cuse.
Features local beer & Utica Club is a local.
No waiting.
Matt’s, brewers of Utica Club, bought out a big craft brewery Flying Dog.

IMG_0190.jpeg

Sometimes a trip to the liquor store to get Bacardi Silver for the missus gives you the opportunity to look over the whiskey/whisky section for something new, something that that catches the eye. Always having been a black cherry fan (soda, etc.) I was intrigued by the ‘finished with black cherry wood’. Got it home….and it’s quite good. Smooth, great flavor. Back of the bottle prattles on about advanced pressurization techniques and oxygenation. Brownski, anything to that? Prolly not.

If you see it it’s definite worth a try though.

Excited to see Belle opened. The snowmaking and new chair at WF is jazz-worthy. I did renew the Ikon Base for the season. Getting excited generally, while getting the whisky on tonight!

Last edited:
Back of the bottle prattles on about advanced pressurization techniques and oxygenation. Brownski, anything to that?
Can’t say really. If it’s meant to control the distillation process maybe there’s something to it

Back