Dog Thread

I met my first Turkish kangal yesterday, Digger. What a gentle giant. All 140lbs of him at 1.5 yrs old.
PXL_20220827_163649894.jpg

That's a big dog. I met a Leonberger the other week - 185 pounds and very hairy. A dog like that would take up a lot of space in your world.

Yesterday was the annual reunion for the rescue group we got Moira from. Unfortunately we had a wedding to attend and could only stay for a short time. Totally bummed out that we missed three of Moira's boys that arrived after we left: Johnny, Onyx (David) and Georgie (Patrick). Remember that they are the Schitt's Creek litter. Onyx (in the middle) obviously got his good looks from his momma. Funny that all of them have white feet. Good boys!

Moira pups.jpg

Moira Rose had one her best days ever yesterday. We were invited to a dog-friendly celebration of life on Pathfinder Island, a 17-acre island on Source Lake in Algonquin Park, home to Camp Pathfinder, one of the longest-running children's camps in North America. But in closing-down mode, the island was pretty empty and what an off-leash paradise that turned out to be. Of course, I have no pictures. Good dog!

Back