Diners

Campgottagopee

We have a pizza thread so we also need a diner thread. I go to a local diner every Friday AM for breakfast, always a good time. It's fun to see the same old timers in there week after week talking shit about something. LOL

Anyway, I make a good breakfast at home but there's something about eating breakfast at a diner that makes it that much better. My grandfather always said it's not a true diner unless they bring you your coffee with the spoon already in the mug.

I believe I included this place in a TR last year. I’m not claiming the food is the greatest stuff you’ll ever put in your mouth but it is very good. Atmosphere is very important.

C796E32E-4B4F-4976-A48B-5FC0FE2D4E84.jpeg

63AEB526-6638-4731-97F2-371BF4096738.jpeg

My ski buddies and I sometimes stop at the Blue Ben Diner in Bennington, VT when headed that way to ski.
Same owners for 50 years. Heard it was for sale. Not sure if was sold or not.
Blue Ben Diner from VT Diner Tour
I like the Blue Benn, although the coffee is kinda weak. Last couple of years, I've gone to Papa Pete's on the other side of town because no waiting. Plus, owners are NJ transplants.

Before our road trip Sunday we had breakfast at the Noon Mark in Keene Valley, I hadn;t had a diner breakfast in years - it was delicious!

Noon Mark is the jam, especially the morning after a -20 degree winter camping trip near the Marcy dam. Those pies sure do taste good with a side of frost bite.

Back