Burke Mountain: 02/04/2022

Can't understand why they put Jay on the Indy Pass and not Burke. They could use the extra traffic there.
Burke isn't as sleepy as it used to be since they replaced the old Willoughby Quad with the new HSQ (and built a slope side hotel, on top of all the new condos). It still is far from a busy area. But, there are actually short lift lines for the HSQ now. Before the HSQs went in, there was NEVER a line for the Willoughby Quad. Now, the place actually can get tracked out pretty quick due to how quickly you can rack up runs.

Jay, on the other hand, is down 50% customers this year compared to normal due to the Canadian boarder issue. Many Canadians probably did not even bother trying to buy a season pass due to uncertainty. Current logistics for getting back into Canada preclude many others from crossing into the US and going to Jay.

I was at Jay on Friday for the powder day (on an Indy ticket) and it was a ghost town. Never seen anything quite like it, before. I think it makes a lot of sense for Jay to be on the Indy this season. Most guests are not going to day trip Jay, so they will likely get lodging and meals out of most Indy's, at the least, an maybe even more day tickets and other activities as well.

But, I suspect next season they will at least have more blackouts, if they are still on it. Next season, it would make sense to switch over to Burke.

Nice TR, Qburke, umm, I mean Burke is a gem. My first time there was April Fool's Day about 10 years ago. They got 18", and it was really hard driving by alot of great mountains to get there, but Burke was the bullseye of the storm. The old quad was still there, a 15 minute ride. Must've been brutal on cold days.

Back