Bobcat, NY: 02/26/05

Looks like there has been a few snowmobile drag races at Bobcat in the last several years

Attachments

• 39DE59DF-EEE0-48E7-A35C-8A85DA06660C.jpeg
    39DE59DF-EEE0-48E7-A35C-8A85DA06660C.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 9C26591F-B3BD-45E9-8E59-3D6A87C725A4.jpeg
    9C26591F-B3BD-45E9-8E59-3D6A87C725A4.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 71
Looks like there has been a few snowmobile drag races at Bobcat in the last several years
Good to see that there's at least an annual event making use of the ski area during winter and that they refer to it amongst a snowmobile audience as "legendary Bobcat Ski Center." That seems to be a thing about beloved lost ski areas -- they're often referred to as legendary or "the legend."
(y)

The most recent personal experience I have with Bobcat is almost nine years ago when I was turned away by a caretaker who told me that the owners were concerned about getting sued after a hiker broke her leg on the ridge. Just a guess, however, it seems like there would have to be an Ascutney-type of setup where uphill access would be possible.
My goodness 9 yrs ago wow

Unless I’m reading the history of the trip reports wrong it seems you were the only one posting reports for almost TEN years!
Ah, now I understand what you were saying. Harv allowed me to post my TRs from 2000 to 2010 that were originally on Snowjournal, First Tracks Online, Zoneski, and Epicski into the new NYSB forum and he backdated them. This forum didn't start until 2010.

Well at least I know I’m not as nuts as I thought I was. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Still no reason to not reply on fantastic 12-20 year old TRs!

Unless I’m reading the history of the trip reports wrong it seems you were the only one posting reports for almost TEN years!

Every piece of content that come over from the old site had to be done manually. James was highly motivated.

no reason to not reply on fantastic 12-20 year old TRs!
Thanks CK, I love when people dig up old reports or articles, especially if they're about a ski area that's changed significantly since my visit or closed. Given how so many forums have gone the way of the dodo bird, I appreciate Harv's commitment to keep this one going as long as he's around. Between the reports, my ski-day list at the end of every season, and the How Many Ski Areas Have You Skied? thread, it's like a diary for someone who doesn't get to ski dozens of days every winter. Otherwise, I'd forget even having visited most of these places.

BTW, speaking of old reports -- guess who was the first person to post in the original NYSB TR forum in 2010? It's jasonwx from one of his many luxury junkets to Europe!

Thanks CK, I love when people dig up old reports or articles, especially if they're about a ski area that's changed significantly since my visit or closed. Given how so many forums have gone the way of the dodo bird, I appreciate Harv's commitment to keep this one going as long as he's around. Between the reports, my ski-day list at the end of every season, and the How Many Ski Areas Have You Skied? thread, it's like a diary for someone who doesn't get to ski dozens of days every winter. Otherwise, I'd forget even having visited most of these places.

BTW, speaking of old reports -- guess who was the first person to post in the original NYSB TR forum in 2010? It's jasonwx from one of his many luxury junkets to Europe!
Thanks for digging that up
I haven’t seen those pix in ages. Thanks!!

The other place I am very interested in learning more about in the western cats is the old mountain in Stamford that now appears to be an orthodox jewish summer camp.
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 10.22.26 AM.png
A few photos of Scotch Valley. Looks like everything is still there.
1668372952921.jpeg

1668373239686.jpeg

1668373318890.jpeg

Last edited:
Back