Big Snow TRs

Harvey

Administrator
I'm thinking of ONE THREAD for BIG Snow in the TR forum.

Any input or complaints? Please register them here in the next 17 seconds.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of ONE THREAD for BIG Snow in the TR forum.

Any input or complaints? Please register them here in the next 17 seconds.

Thanks.
I object. Will we have one Plattekill TR come winter? I would say start a Big Snow conditions thread but let’s be honest: the conditions will be 28 degrees, no wind, fresh wet snow and really loud fans at the top.

I object. Will we have one Plattekill TR come winter? I would say start a Big Snow conditions thread but let’s be honest: the conditions will be 28 degrees, no wind, fresh wet snow and really loud fans at the top.
I knew you'd object. Too late.

I had the same thought about the conditions thread.

But what about the TR posting rules about having a date in the thread title? ;)

Maybe starting in Sept 2021, there could be a Big SNOW "annual" thread. Meaning the thread title could be Big SNOW Sept 2021 to August 2022. Or maybe start with Sept 2021 to May 2022. Presumably most of the TR posts would happen during the pre-season starting in August or September.

I knew you'd object. Too late.

I had the same thought about the conditions thread.
The conditions threads aren’t really “conditions” threads. They’re conditions+ news+ stoke+ Complaints+ ball busting threads so it would actually be the appropriate way to go. You need to recognize you have a thread moving/combing compulsion. The first step is to admit that you have a problem.

You don't create something like this website unless you have a problem. We all have problems. Yours are different from mine, but problems all the same.

As often, I'll do it in the dark of night. If I remember.

But what about the TR posting rules about having a date in the thread title? ;)
Improvise. Put it in the first line.

I've created a MidA/SE thread for a given season on other ski forums. For newbies and lurkers, I don't want them to have to wade through years of potentially obsolete posts to find info relevant for the current season. I put a link to the previous season's thread in Post #1 of the new thread. Sometimes put a link to the new thread in the previous one, but not consistently.

Back