Belleayre Conditions

Motivation. Y'know, just like, "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
UMP comment and response:

Comment: Please don't destroy Goat Path and Utsayantha for yet another intermediate trail, on a mountain that already has plenty of greens and blues, and generally lacks expert terrain to begin with.

Response: Belleayre offers a wide variety of terrain for all ability levels. Over half of the trails off the summit offer expert terrain and are marked as such with a black diamond. There is not currently an intermediate option at the top terminal of Lift 7. The proposed cut/fill at Utsayantha is meant to keep the same vertical drop but offer a more gradual decline with switchbacks. The final profile will create a slope that provides safe and effective terrain for intermediate skiers through necessary trail adjustments, trail width, cross slope, turn radii and site lines.

Emphasis added.

Maybe they’re gonna pad the wooden fence and/or it's made outta softwood trees (free kindling when it splinters).

Safety is no accident.

Last edited:
UMP comment and response:

Comment: Please don't destroy Goat Path and Utsayantha for yet another intermediate trail, on a mountain that already has plenty of greens and blues, and generally lacks expert terrain to begin with.

Response: Belleayre offers a wide variety of terrain for all ability levels. Over half of the trails off the summit offer expert terrain and are marked as such with a black diamond. There is not currently an intermediate option at the top terminal of Lift 7. The proposed cut/fill at Utsayantha is meant to keep the same vertical drop but offer a more gradual decline with switchbacks. The final profile will create a slope that provides safe and effective terrain for intermediate skiers through necessary trail adjustments, trail width, cross slope, turn radii and site lines.

Emphasis added.

Maybe they’re gonna pad the wooden fence and/or it's made outta softwood trees (free kindling when it splinters).

Safety is no accident.

How much snow do think they will make on that trail? It more likely a tripping hazard

The fence is there to cordon off the powder on the other side so I can rip it.

The fence is there to cordon off the powder on the other side so I can rip it.

You know how in Seinfeld, in the Bizarro World, everything is opposite?

Rip is the Bizarro World Powder Assassin. Skiing on the OTHER SIDE of the Orange Netting!

Powder Assassin
At the end of the season one year the Mountaineer in Keene had the all white military Voile UltraVector BCs that I’ve been obsessing over for years on clearance. There was no way I was convincing Slipitz that I needed another pair of skis so I waited until the middle of summer thinking maybe she wouldn’t notice. I called the store and the guy informed me that they were all sold out but that they had the ones with graphics on the top sheet and black bases. The guy could tell I was bummed so he said, “What do you need white skis for anyway? It’s not like you’re hiding from anyone.” I remember immediately thinking, YES I AM!

Last edited:
IMG_3107.jpeg

IMG_3108.jpeg

IMG_3123.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

Back