Bearpen Mountain Sports, NY: 2/3/24

olddogbmxer

Was over at Bearpen Mountain Sports last weekend. They have their new lodge open with bathrooms and bar serving beer and wine. It is a labor of love by Howard, his wife Claire and daughter Dominique. They have tubing, ice skating, curling, cross country, snowshoeing and fat biking with rentals available for all if you don't bring your own. While they have snowmaking for the tubing hill they are subject to the weather conditions for the other activities which is a bit problematic these days. The good thing is the mountain holds snow well and has a northern exposure.

They purchased one of Laz's groomers a few years back and they use this for the tubing park and they have groomers and track setters for the cross country trails. There were quite a few out on the trails this weekend.

They have events, this weekend they had a snow shoe race and Green Wolf Brewery on site and they have other events upcoming such as a fat bike festival and race.

In total they have close to 600 acres with 2000 ft. vertical and have plans to increase trails every year for different activities.
Just wanted to show them some love as it is a wonderful venue run by wonderful people.

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

I've been meaning to return to Bearpen, but they were only open weekends, and I worked weekends the last 3 years.

Thanks for the update. There’s so much potential there. Such a hidden gem.

Great potential for sure - winter sports and also mountain biking. I'm
They may have an Oktoberfest this fall - will keep you updated.
Harvey, I will be back there this winter and would love to have them on the front page.
I've been skiing Platty in the morning and then mid day I head over to Bearpen

Back