Anybody have a Hybrid SUV?

Congrats on the Rav4 Prime! That must be one of the most in demand cards of the year due to limited production. That seems subpar MPG for the PHEV, the regular hybrid gets 40ish MPG average. How many times have you charged it?
Realized why the Prime doesn't get quite as good MPG as a hybrid compared to the RAV4 Hybrid. The Prime is heavier because of the bigger batteries. I think the difference in official rating is about 2 MPG.

We can do 2-3 trips running local errands or grocery shopping before it needs to be charged. So only charging about once a week since my husband and I are both retired. Normally he drives another car, but it's in the shop right now. At 100%, the estimate is 43-44 miles EV.

The manager at the dealership warned us that we needed to take care of the 12-volt battery if we were mostly using EV model. Either a trickle charger or running in HV mode for a bit every few weeks. Said there was a man with a Prius Prime who kept having to change 12-volt batteries the first year he owned it until they figured out what was happening. He was essentially always using EV mode.

At this point, the computer thinks a full tank of gas is good for 450-500 miles based on the MPG for the last 2000 miles or so. Can't remember when I reset it. Have put on 3000 miles since picking it up in early Nov. Mostly because I drove up to Lake Placid before Thanksgiving to pick my friend's daughter who is at North Country School this year.

Back