Adirondack Hermits

Remember Robert Garrow , serial killer terrorized the Davks back in the early 70's

There may be another one loose up here too. In 2012 an 18 yo kid a SUNY Brockport student home for winter break who left a party walking on rt 3 was missing outside Tupper Toward Piercefield. They found articles of his clothing in the woods after extensive searching , but to this day ............ squat nada on the kid or the perp

I remember both.

The one in 2012 was crazy. We were actually heading up to Whiteface for our trip, while rolling into Tupper there were all these flashing lights up ahead. At the time i was driving a Tahoe loaded up with guys, gear, and beer. I damn near shit my pants thinking it was a road block, not like anyone was drinking beer or anything :unsure:

X
I remember both.

The one in 2012 was crazy. We were actually heading up to Whiteface for our trip, while rolling into Tupper there were all these flashing lights up ahead. At the time i was driving a Tahoe loaded up with guys, gear, and beer. I damn near shit my pants thinking it was a road block, not like anyone was drinking beer or anything :unsure:
on your way to take on The Birdman of the Dacks at World Foozy championships no doubt ???. We were vacationing at a waterfront cottage he near Old Forge when Garrow was killing kids all over the Dacks in the early 70 's a.

Cops were stopping everyone a couple hundred yds up the road , he had just iced two college kids and stuffed them down a well the night before at a campsite . Pretty scary shit we had 2 little kids at tge time JB and his sister and frankly with that bozo on the loose in the area we left a day early

Very sad story Camp , but an insightful look at the potential dangers of wandering off trail if one is unprepared and then the ensuing panic that exacerbates good judgement . Its beautiful oout in the Dacks , but be prepared if you are adventurous . DO NOT TAKE MA NATCH FOR GRANTED
So true
When I first started hunting deer w/ my cousin back in bog meadow he told me I would be compass tested, swamp wet, ridge running, all before we got back there on watch. It's rugged country and after a while it can all look the same.

So sO true Camper . A great buddy of mine went to hs with who is a now retired record setting hoops coach is a serious fisherman who often jounts off ALONE into wilderness sites in search of trout fishing adventure . He had long been familiar with the Cold River area of the Dacks between Tupper and Saranac .

Well after THE BIG BLOWDOWN in 1995 a yooge Microburst and Dericho that area was a shitstorm of twisted ,piled and devastated blow down debris trees etc .

Bill who fished ALONE as an experienced woodsman got his ass lost for 4 days ,there were search parties out for 3 days no luck . But this very experienced woodsman found his way out by following a stream as best he could given the twisted mess . He emerged on the 4 th day and the search party took him to our hospital here and he was covered with both black fly bites and ticks . He spent several days inthe hospital and came out fine ,, BUT CHANGED saying i'll never fish alone in back country AGAIN

X

on your way to take on The Birdman of the Dacks at World Foozy championships no doubt ???. We were vacationing at a waterfront cottage he near Old Forge when Garrow was killing kids all over the Dacks in the early 70 's a.

Cops were stopping everyone a couple hundred yds up the road , he had just iced two college kids and stuffed them down a well the night before at a campsite . Pretty scary shit we had 2 little kids at tge time JB and his sister and frankly with that bozo on the loose in the area we left a day early
Friend was the doctor in Piseco when Garrow was doing his evil things. His oldest daughter was also camping along the same river about the same time.

Back