2 person SOT kayak up for sale

Brownski

I was just about to create my first ever craigslist ad but it occurred to me I should offer them here first….

It is time for a reduction of the fleet

The big one is for sale. It is an Ocean Kayak Zest Two. At 16 feet, it’s a little bit longer, heavier and more seaworthy than most SOT tandems. The more common Malibu Two, for instance, is 13 feet. The seat backs and paddles are included. It also comes with a full set of scupper plugs. Usually I see Malibu Twos listed for $500 to $700. I think 700 is nuts for a used Malibu Two. Hobie brand kayaks go for more and big box store brands go for less. I have bought a few boats off of Craigslist and never paid the list price so I imagine the ones that are listed at 650 for instance, probably sell for 450 in the end. If it goes on Craigslist or Facebook, I’m gonna ask for $600 and be flexible. I guess I could negotiate with myself and say I’ll let a forum member have it for $400. Shoot me a message. We can agree on a halfway spot to meet up. I you don’t have a roof rack, I can include some foam blocks and straps.

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg

There is a drain in the bow. These boats are hollow and I have no idea where it gets in but it does, over time, get small amounts of water inside of it and you unscrew this little plug to empty it out.

IMG_3985.jpeg

The one real cosmetic flaw is this missing side handle. The other 3 side handles and the bow and stern handles are all good.

IMG_3991.jpeg

The scuppers are meant to be self draining but it also came with these plugs. I think the idea is that if you’re in rougher water you leave the plugs out so that waves breaking in your lap will drain but if your on calm water you can put the plugs in and keep everything in the boat dry. That is how I’ve used them at least.

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

I haven’t taken this boat camping but there are decent sized gear wells under the bungees in the bow and stern.

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3995.jpeg

I’m selling because my tandem boats just aren’t getting used anymore. I have a Necky Amaruck I’m planning to put up for sale too so if you’re familiar with that boat and are interested, message me and we’ll work it out.

I may put up the yakboard and my red Sealution too but I’m more conflicted about letting them go. Again, if they interest anyone, send me a message. I’m not looking for top dollar for any of these. I just want to see them get used and recoup enough money to justify the fiberglass kayak I’m going to pick up in Vermont tomorrow

Sold the SOT. I just made a Craigslist ad for the Amaruk (asking $650). The first one went pretty smoothly considering all the Craigslist horror stories I’ve heard. Let’s see how this one goes

Back