Ski Bowl 3.0 at Gore

Depends. What is the target audience? Camping? Band? Etc. Working a sold out show maybe 1:30 from spac this weekend. I don't think Gore could do spac numbers but they could do ok. Probably better than the zippy thing. Money's in the f&b, especially the b.
A hillside with a stage and room for a couple thousand people might be feasible. The problem, as always in North Creek, is the lack of lodging. Which also somewhat impacts the B in F&B

A hillside with a stage and room for a couple thousand people might be feasible. The problem, as always in North Creek, is the lack of lodging. Which also somewhat impacts the B in F&B
Last night we did 10k. It went wrong due to weather but no one could accommodate for that. Over 85 kegs down before we had to call it. Camping on the property is important. North Creek could be awesome.

Last edited:
Slide pic from yesterday’s ORDA board meeting.
1719505084573.png

Last night we did 10k. It went wrong due to weather but no one could accommodate for that. Over 85 kegs down before we had to call it. Camping on the property is important. North Creek could be awesome.
Camping is lodging, and I agree. Please tell me what venue? I have often wished the upper Hudson could have more of a scene. Obviously the water isn't epic enough to be like Fayetteville WV, but something!

Camping is lodging, and I agree. Please tell me what venue? I have often wished the upper Hudson could have more of a scene. Obviously the water isn't epic enough to be like Fayetteville WV, but something!
The Hudson valley from Woodstock to Bethel woods to Oneonta to Cooperstown has an amazing music scene. Excellent local bands up here. For water Susquehanna is great and Glimmerglass is amazing.

Brewery Ommengang. Didn't want to say as this was probably the worst one we've worked in 15 years. Maybe tied with the Jack White debacle. My wife runs front line and I'm the beer mechanic. Frozen regulators, bad sankeys, keg changes, etc is part of what I do. This one was tough. Wife prides herself on 45 second beer lines. This one hit a minute and a half. She went out in a lightning storm to run evac while I locked down the bar.

Brewery Ommengang. Didn't want to say as this was probably the worst one we've worked in 15 years. Maybe tied with the Jack White debacle. My wife runs front line and I'm the beer mechanic. Frozen regulators, bad sankeys, keg changes, etc is part of what I do. This one was tough. Wife prides herself on 45 second beer lines. This one hit a minute and a half. She went out in a lightning storm to run evac while I locked down the bar.

The Hudson valley from Woodstock to Bethel woods to Oneonta to Cooperstown has an amazing music scene. Excellent local bands up here. For water Susquehanna is great and Glimmerglass is amazing.

It does. But it is all way less remote than North Creek. I was thinking the white water paddling scene on the Upper Hudson. If you ever get the chance check out Fayetteville. Local core crowd of paddlers and climbers, with a massive summer influx of rafters. Great live music, surprisingly good food (way better than most of rural NY), and beds consisting of hotels, cabins, and camping.

Slide pic from yesterday’s ORDA board meeting.
View attachment 25169
Just stopped by the ski bowl. It doesn't look that much different than this pic from late June. Seeing 46er with no chairs or lift towers was cool. I know it's many months away but I wonder if there is a chance the ski bowl cannot open this year?

Just stopped by the ski bowl. It doesn't look that much different than this pic from late June. Seeing 46er with no chairs or lift towers was cool. I know it's many months away but I wonder if there is a chance the ski bowl cannot open
IMG_7025.jpeg
this year?
Never underestimate the power of ORDA young Jedi…😉🥴
IMG_7020.jpeg
IMG_7023.jpeg

Back