HVAC: What's best for cold climates?

Am I the only one that hates the aesthetics of mini splits? I'm assuming you can use existing duct work but it will be less efficient?

Here you go, a little less efficient but better than conventional splits.

Compact and can be mounted vertically. With multi zones you can use with wall , ceiling or mini duct units.

Am I the only one that hates the aesthetics of mini splits? I'm assuming you can use existing duct work but it will be less efficient?
You can get an air handler that works with a mini split and uses the existing duct work. We did not have any duct work. We went with a ceiling cassette type unit. We put one in each bedroom.
1000012913.jpg

You can get an air handler that works with a mini split and uses the existing duct work. We did not have any duct work. We went with a ceiling cassette type unit. We put one in each bedroom.
View attachment 23831
Can we see the vent on the outside? It must have a short duct.

That is a big improvement. What is the brand?

Can we see the vent on the outside? It must have a short duct.
Besides the control and coolant line, there is only a small tube for the condensation outside my house.
That is a big improvement. What is the brand?
Mitsubishi.

Question for our heat pump experts....
I've been running mine on the dehumidifier setting and it's cooling my house perfectly. Is that ok? Or, should I be running it on the AC setting instead.

Back