The Ultimate Plattekill Ski?

Brownski

I’m curious. Most days are a mix of groomers and cut up natural snow + some bumps. Then you add in the trees when they’re in and the occasional powder-ish day. If I’m going to leave one pair of skis in a locker at the hill and ski them every day I’m there, what should they be?

I’m curious. Most days are a mix of groomers and cut up natural snow + some bumps. Then you add in the trees when they’re in and the occasional powder-ish day. If I’m going to leave one pair of skis in a locker at the hill and ski them every day I’m there, what should they be?
That Shaggy factory video was pretty sweet. I like the idea of homegrown gear. Those guys seem to have their shit together. Maybe the Brockway 90 would be a good fit. I don’t really know though to be honest. I don’t have any experience with them. A buddy of mine has Shaggys but they were too noodly for him at Hunter. I think maybe they were more of a pow ski and he was bombing icy groomers. My go to ski last year was an 88 underfoot and shorter 174. Very nimble. Probably something stiff with no metal would be best. Last time I was at Platty was on a pair of big skis with metal and I got tossed around. 88-92 is best for all mountain in my opinion. Have something bigger in the locker for those inevitably deep days.

. If I’m going to leave one pair of skis in a locker at the hill and ski them every day I’m there, what should they be?
11E50A5D-4FE8-4490-A8BC-EC179749E719.png

I had a pair of those in high school (and a black ski tote, too!).

Ski recommendations are a tough nut too crack, too many variables and individual preferences. All the major brands have a 'do-it-all' mid-fat of varying degrees of stiffness, width, and shape profiles. What ticks all the boxes for one skier might be anathema to another. Best to demo if you can, and draw upon your personal likes and dislikes from other skis. It isn't about what is the best ski for a particular mountain, but rather what is the best ski for how you ski that mountain.

I’m leaning towards the Enforcer 88. Just curious if somebody had another favorite or something. MC, those are only for special occasions now but if I continue to dither that may be the way I go.

My J ski Masterblaster have been great at Gore and Belle, both in hardback and 18 inches of snow. They are 96 mm underfoot. A little less great in super hardback but they get it done.

I’m leaning towards the Enforcer 88. Just curious if somebody had another favorite or something. MC, those are only for special occasions now but if I continue to dither that may be the way I go.
Yes, 88mm with metal (Brahma, Kendo, Atomic Maverick, Enforcer 88, etc.) is a perfect eastern ski for all conditions imo.

People go too fat sometimes which
1. Isn’t as much fun for me on hardback days and
2. Might not be great for your knees

That being said, I ski 100mm & 104mm skis when there’s anything more than 2” of new snow, so I don’t take my own advice.

(Brahma, Kendo, Atomic Maverick, Enforcer 88, etc.)
I don't know how big / heavy / tall you are but I personally find the above recommended skis to be too burley for an all mountain, all day ski. Railing down hardpack for a few runs sure, but these guys take a lot of work and are hard on the knees. The Enforcers in particular I really didn't like, I found myself to be in the backseat (though it may have been the rental shop mount point?). That being said I'm a smaller guy so I don't need the stiffness

Lot's of us swear by the Head Kore 93s, give them a demo if you can

I don't know how big / heavy / tall you are but I personally find the above recommended skis to be too burley for an all mountain, all day ski. Railing down hardpack for a few runs sure, but these guys take a lot of work and are hard on the knees. The Enforcers in particular I really didn't like, I found myself to be in the backseat (though it may have been the rental shop mount point?). That being said I'm a smaller guy so I don't need the stiffness

Lot's of us swear by the Head Kore 93s, give them a demo if you can
6’1, 215

Floppy skis are fine in powder. I have skis for that. But there are lots of hardpack days where metal is your friend. I’d rather have stability on those days if I only had one pair of skis.

Also, please tell me more how alpine turns are hard on your knees with 550g more weight.

Back