The Fire and Rain and Smoke Thread

Harvey

Administrator
What will save us from the smoke? It has to rain hard in Eastern Canada and NoAm?

@jasonwx @NorEaster27 @saratogahalfday who else? can find some rain in the longterm? Post some hope.

So bummed i can't ride. Smoke is like the anti-pow.

Bad all the way down in Pa. As well. I have a carbon filter respirator that works pretty well but I’ll hang inside for now.

Attachments

• IMG_2785.png
    IMG_2785.png
    756.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2786.png
    IMG_2786.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
The skies today were really bugging me, I think here in north Jersey this was the 3rd red flag fire warning of the year. To have the local risk plus what was the worst smoke blowing in I've experienced where I call home was unsettling to say the least. West Milford NJ has already seen the biggest fire in 14 years and it's still only June during what is shaping up to be a rather dry La Nina cycle.

Nice pic, I headed out to find a high spot to view the sunset. Turns out I witnessed the peak from my front door. The sun was barely visible when i started driving to a better vantage point, it was just too thick. Never experienced this before, you could smell the smoke. Everything looked yellow earlier in the day. You couldn't see the nearby foothills from downtown Binghamton.

Ugh I'm supposed to take a MTB ride tomorrow but the forecast is for heavier smoke tomorrow. It was burning my throat today. I won't be riding if that's the case.

US.png

A little better today here in NJ but still not going out.

NWS shows today as the last day of haze, but I say it's at least 50/50 that they add another day.

:(

Back