The Dissected Plateau Thread

Catskills too:

If you go to the Endless Mountains in north central pa, Worlds End / Loyalsock for instance, you really get a sense of the eroded plateau there as all the "mountains" are flat on top - pretty cool
IMG_7724.JPG

(pilfered google internet photo, credit interestingpennsylvani.com / interesting pennsylvania and beyond)

I think it's pretty cool and worth noting that the Adirondacks are the only East Coast mountains that are not part of the Appalachian Mountain Range

Last edited:
If you go to the Endless Mountains in north central pa, Worlds End / Loyalsock for instance, you really get a sense of the eroded plateau there as all the "mountains" are flat on top - pretty cool
View attachment 9828
(pilfered internet photo)
Drove through there about a month ago.
Saw some young elk too.
It’s also noted for being dark at night.

Also in the Allegheny Plateau is the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon
great riding and paddling (early season) if you're in the area. Camped there for a weekend in June, rode the Pine Creek trail end to end for a metric century one day and some hilly gravel the next

pc2.jpg

IMG_4870.jpeg.40e949a7e1d99f4592e02d095fe4b483.jpeg

yup eroded plateau!

pc1.jpg

good beer too!

pc3.jpg

View attachment 9828
(pilfered internet photo)

I think it's pretty cool and worth noting that the Adirondacks are the only East Coast mountains that are not part of the Appalachian Mountain Range
That's a very cool photo. The Catskills are as obvious.

Could you put a source/link with that pic? I'm supposed to require it or take it down.

Back