Sugarloaf, ME:

Capdistski

Drove to my brothers place in North Conway Thu night, skied Wildcat on Friday and then drove Rt 16 to Sugarloaf (very remote drive through Rangely Lake region) where we skied sat and sun.

Great couple of days although all three days were socked in so no views in NH or ME until we got 2 hours above the clouds on Sugarloaf’s Timberline today.

Snow at SL was pretty good - new snow from Friday was groomed in, but some ice coming through. It was just hard to see in the fog cloud when we don’t know the mountain. So we tended to ski a run by braille, and if we liked it stick with it for some lapping. We did 2 hours each morning around the King Pine chair, and then headed to Timberline which had a little more light - especially today when we got above the clouds. Favorite runs were Widowmaker to Flume on the east side, Narrow Guage from the summit, and Haymaker to Candy Side from the Super Quad.

It’s a great mountain - so many different ways down - just wish we could see more of them! Lines were longer on Sat than I’m used to at Gore - seems they need more capacity coming out of the base. Made us spend more time on the two lifts at each side of the mountain as opposed to all the runs in the middle, but we got a couple hours on the Super Quad to end our weekend which was fun once we got out of the cloud which was sitting about halfway up the mountain at that point.

Great weekend with my brother - we ate better last year at Le Massif but still found some good food at Sugarloaf!

9FBB0AF6-10E5-4692-B7EC-905B048BF18C.jpeg

841443CA-7372-4023-AE8E-0DD298A69066.jpeg

I'd like to break this out. OK with you Cap?

Back