Snowboard Base Repair

Robert

Ok after a little low tide riding on Thursday, I need advice on making a base repair. I've done all my own repairs in the past but I'm not sure how to approach this damage. Usually when I have damage, I can cut the gouge clean and decide whether it needs to be filled in. I'm not majorly concerned with the depth of these gouges, I am concerned about the debris stuck in the gouges and smoothing the base out. The area near the gashes is somewhat raised as well.

So how can I get the base back to flush and clean this out a bit? I have cleaned them out as much as I can with a brush and tweezers.

IMG_20201218_152809678_HDR.jpg

Ut oh. Maybe I spoke to soon.

I'd take it to a shop.

I'm with Harv, take it to a shop. But if you are up for the DIY approach, I would start with hand sanding the damaged area to get rid of the rough edges. It can be hard to get melted p-tex to stick if the damage is right down to the core material. Make sure you use a contrasting colour of repair stick so you can show your battle scars.

I would probably just brush out the gunk and fill it with wax. It’s not a smart thing to do, just the dumbass thing I would probably do. You should probably take it in and get a professional p-Tex repair

Come on boys! I gotta ride this weekend lol. I ended up cleaning up the gouges with a very fine grit sandpaper and did a little waxing to smooth it out. Looks like I'm taking it to the shop on Monday

Perfect. Like I said, that’s what I would do too and you can always buy a new board.

Back