Plattekill NY: 4/8/23 Closing Day*

Harvey

Administrator
This can't really be my TR because Matt requested a front page story.

The thing is Matt kind of is the story. This was by far the most terrain I've seen on closing day.
Can someone count the number of routes from top-to-bottom? I had six. Plus Giant Slalom, plus Rascals.

closing day

Six ways down

Face

First Chair

roman

No prisoners

beer

Early beer googles

another-tele-guy

Represent

tele-guy

Woah!

dean-on-face

Dean goes all luau on me

matt-on-plunge

MC

harv

Me

I ran into Laz and John Vas (former Mtn Mgr of Campgaw) at the top of Northface at 3:30. We chatted for at 10 minutes and then I asked if anyone knew the time. I guess that reminded Laz that it was closing day and the skiing was excellent.

Double spun until 5 and triple to 5:30. Technically it was not my fault.

20230408_174633.jpg

Six ways down.

Last edited:
This can't really be my TR because Matt requested a front page story.

The thing is Matt kind of is the story. This was by far the most terrain I've seen on closing day.
Can someone count the number of routes from top-to-bottom? I had six. Plus Giant Slalom, plus Rascals.

View attachment 19744
View attachment 19745
View attachment 19748
View attachment 19787
View attachment 19788
View attachment 19790
View attachment 19792
View attachment 19786
View attachment 19798
View attachment 19795
Agree on the trail count.
But Belleayre today had about 16 runs that were at least 50% distinct, not counting cross-mountain trails.

But Belleayre today had about 16 runs that were at least 50% distinct, not counting cross-mountain trails.
Belleayre was amazing this year. Amazing. But IMO comparing them misses the point.

When Plattekill has a good year, they spend 50k on more snowmaking the next summer. That number is made up, but the general idea applies. From where I sit what Plattekill did this year was even more amazing that what Belle did.

Back