Plattekill, NY: 3/03/24 The Morning After

Harvey

Administrator
Saturday was a rainy night in the Catskills.

Did you ever feel like it was a rainin' all over the world?

rainy-night

Saturday night drive

I started out Saturday morning, hoping I could get some family stuff done, and still make it to Plattekill in time for a few turns, the Patrol Dinner and the torchlight. It didn't work out that way.

Instead I drove to @Scottski63's place arriving around 10. It had been raining pretty hard, so I suspected the torchlight didn't happen. We were watching weather channel and Scott was surfing his phone... hey found Laszlo's live stream and it looked like the after party was a big success.

We crashed around 11, and got up early enough to make first chair, leaving from Scott's house about an hour away.

Coming up from Arkville, the valley was showing some peaks of sun, but up in Meeker Hollow it was full on fog.

scott-tele

Scott first on Face

We started on The Face because it was "sunnier." With temps in the 40s it was rippable right from first chair.

Like many mountains in the east, there was no overnight groom.

block-connector

Block was only really accessible from the triple, and just barely.

I was focused on Block, as last weekend the bumps looked perfectly formed if a bit firm.

All week I hoped that at least one bump line would survive the rain.

scott-tele

Scott skied with a broken binding :)

dean-makes-block-his-bitch

Dean

dean-on-block

ridge-run

Ridge was looking a little boney

We ran into Laz and Nick and Matt in the afternoon.

I wasn't taking too many pictures because I knew we had the Standing Sideways piece going up this morning.

But when I saw the Vajtays on Block, I knew the camera had to come out.

laz-busts-a-move

Laz is...

laz-busts-a-move

...Spring Loaded

laz

nick

A Yankee fan all his life, Nick is now a NY Met!

laz-matt

Laz and Matt

nick-laz

Nick and Laz

"I got to ski all day with my sons, it brings me more joy and happiness than anything else."

1000004862-jpg.jpg

Home Sweet Home

Looked for you but our paths never crossed

Yea the entrance to block was a little spicy
P1.jpg

Tele'd until lunch with most runs playing in the block bumps. Chicken pesto wrap and ascension pils were bangin'. Legs were shot after 10 runs so clamped down for a few more in the afternoon

P2.jpg

Nice day with a refreshment stop at Catskill Brewery, love that place!

Looked for you but our paths never crossed
I'm bummed we didn't connect, feels like an opportunity that won't come along very often.

Were you solo?

Glad you enjoyed yourself gorgo.

Saturday was a rainy night in the Catskills.

Did you ever feel like it was a rainin' all over the world?

View attachment 23803
Saturday night drive

I started out Saturday morning, hoping I could get some family stuff done, and still make it to Plattekill in time for a few turns, the Patrol Dinner and the torchlight. It didn't work out that way.

Instead I drove to @Scottski63's place arriving around 10. It had been raining pretty hard, so I suspected the torchlight didn't happen. We were watching weather channel and Scott was surfing his phone... hey found Laszlo's live stream and it looked like the after party was a big success.

We crashed around 11, and got up early enough to make first chair, leaving from Scott's house about an hour away.

Coming up from Arkville, the valley was showing some peaks of sun, but up in Meeker Hollow it was full on fog.

View attachment 23802
Scott first on Face

We started on The Face because it was "sunnier." With temps in the 40s it was rippable right from first chair.

Like many mountains in the east, there was no overnight groom.

View attachment 23799

Block was only really accessible from the triple, and just barely.

I was focused on Block, as last weekend the bumps looked perfectly formed if a bit firm.

All week I hoped that at least one bump line would survive the rain.

View attachment 23801
Scott skied with a broken binding :)

View attachment 23798
Dean: I'm going to make Block my Biot¢h!

View attachment 23800

View attachment 23797
Ridge was looking a little boney

We ran into Laz and Nick and Matt in the afternoon.

I wasn't taking too many pictures because I knew we had the Standing Sideways piece going up this morning.

But when I saw the Vajtays on Block, I knew the camera had to come out.

View attachment 23796
Laz is...

View attachment 23795
...Spring Loaded

View attachment 23791

View attachment 23788
A Yankee fan all his life, Nick is now a NY Met!

View attachment 23790
Laz and Matt

View attachment 23789
Nick and Laz

"I got to ski all day with my sons, it brings me more joy and happiness than anything else."

1000004862-jpg.jpg

Home Sweet Home
Damn, @Harvey, you had to link to one of my all time favorite songs.

Back