PAI IN THE SKY: Help Us Turn This Dream Into A Reality

raisingarizona

PAI IN THE SKY, HELP US TURN THIS DREAM INTO A REALITY.​

CRATA (Colorado River Area Trails Alliance) is currently working on developing a new shuttle drop in Kingman, Arizona. I've spent the last year with my buddy Katz doing a feasibility study along the conceptual alignment that starts at nearly 8000 feet in elevation above the Mojave Desert in the Hualapai Mountains and drops 5000 vertical feet back into the historic downtown district of Kingman. It's absolutely spectacular and will have something for everyone as it descends through 7 different ecosystems with varying terrain and geology. I have no doubt that this ride will become one of the best rides in North America.

As some of you know I've been working in Kingman a lot over the past four years helping develop their Whitecliffs Trail System. This urban interface system is completely surrounded by the city of Kingman and is basically a city conservation park. There. terrain is very technical but has a little bit of everything including mesa top slick rock, punchy tech trails, flowing single tracks, small jump lines and steep down hill trail segments. There are two other trail systems that link into the downtown area that will be going through a process of reimagined planning and design. We are actually starting with the Beale City and Parks system this year to make better connectivity and user experiences for mountain bikers. We are also still continuing improvements on the Whitecliffs Trail System while designing the PAI Drop and another new trail system on the south side of town in the Slaughterhouse Canyon area. All of these systems and the shuttle drop will be accessible from the historic down town area by bicycle, once in town there will be no need for using your personal vehicle. The four trail systems and the shuttle run will compliment one another for the ultimate riding experience.

Our goal is to have the shuttle drop and other projects completed within the next five years but we need your help. We have created a Go Fund Me account with a goal of 50k, 25k for design and 25k for the required NEPA studies. Once we accomplish these goals we will be looking at grant opportunities etc. for construction.

My family and I will be moving to Kingman sometime this coming year with these goals as well as developing a shuttle business with a wine and beer bar eventually. I fallen in love with he area and the potential I'm seeing is incredible. The terrain and features are the stuff of a mountain bikers dream world and the shuttle drop will establish Kingman as a world class destination. It's all of this and within an hour and a half drive from 3-4 million people and 3 hour drive from 9 million people. It will also tie in well while road tripping to other. destinations such as Sedona, Las Vegas and Southwest Utah. This project will not only create awesome trails to ride on but it will transform the economic landscape of Kingman's historic downtown area and develop sustainable businesses for local residents.

Go here to make a donation-
https://www.gofundme.com/f/pai-in-th...ource=customer

I've also just opened up a profile account on Instagram to promote trail development and riding opportunities in Kingman, please give it a follow-
https://www.instagram.com/kingman_mtb/?hl=en

And you can also see what I've been up to the last few years in Kingman on my personal account here-
https://www.instagram.com/raisingarizona13/?hl=en

Thanks so much everyone!

This sounds amazing!!! Very Downieville like...Downieville in the Sierra was a failing ex mining town. Then they built the famous downieville downhill..The town is now booming..
Hope you built this soon, I'm getting old..
good luck!!!

Last edited:
I also feel it's totally badass you're still chasing dreams.

FKNA to that. Cheers! 🍻
Well, what else am I going to do? :D Thanks man.

Please make a donation friends. The gofundme won't get it all done but its' a start. All we need is 100 bones from 250 people and we can get to work on the design. It's work for me and my work partner. Once it's completed this project will deliver smiles and memories for thousands of people coming to Kingman to ride.

Attaboy RA (y)
Is this unique? "This urban interface system is completely surrounded by the city of Kingman and is basically a city conservation park."

How big’s Kingman nowadays?
Thank you sir. It isn't unheard of but still a new concept, especially out west here. The White Cliffs is unique in that it has a lot of bike specific trail design in it where all of the black diamond stuff and a couple of blues are directionally designed. It's also pretty darn stacked with short session type loops.

This sounds amazing!!! Very Downieville like...Downieville in the Sierra was a failing ex mining town. Then they built the famous downieville downhill..The town is now booming..
Hope you built this soon, I'm getting old..
good luck!!!
Thanks Jason. You and me both, I gotta make this happen sooner than later.

Back