Mt Holly Holly, Mi 12/17/20

MiSkier

I finally got to get out and make some turns after my season was abruptly cut a month short last season. I pulled into a 1/3 full parking lot around 4:30 and somehow found a spot in the third row. After getting ready in my car I went into the ticket office to get my ticket, Everyone was wearing a mask and social distancing was being followed. Mt Holly had been blowing snow for three days straight and temps had been in the low to mid 20's so the snow was a nice packed power.
IMG_8142.jpg
IMG_8143.jpg
IMG_8144.jpg

They have what has to be one of the shortest HSQ's there is. To some it may seem like a waste, but with the short runs it is nice not to spend a lot of time riding the lift.
IMG_8145.jpg
IMG_8146.jpg

For the terrain that was open in years past they would have had 2 out of 4 lifts open, only the beginner lift and their HSQ open, last night they had all 4 lifts open so they could spread the people out.
IMG_8149.jpg

For a couple of hours all seemed normal in the world again until I went into the lodge to use the bathroom and here in Michigan there is a ban on indoor eating and indoor gatherings of more than 25 people so there were no table or chairs. They did do a nice job of adding lots of patio heaters to try and help. In the end it was just nice to be out skiing again.

Snow and pics look good.

Don't fully understand the "get smart" sign. Looks like goggles?

Thanks for posting.

Don't fully understand the "get smart" sign. Looks like goggles?
They had those signs up last season, Next time I see one I will look at the small print and see what it says

Back