Mountain Creek 2-1-2018

Brownski

So Junior goes to Mountain Creek a couple of times a year with his school ski club. Since we got Max Passes I decided to drive over after work for some mid week turns. I got to the Vernon base area by six and caught up with my son, who immediately (and transparently) attempted to ditch me. He was all like, “Uh, I gotta go meet my friends at South. It’s all terrain park over there. You won’t like it.” Ha! I made him take a couple runs with me, working our way over to the South base area as we did.

IMG_7342.jpg

The place wasn’t as crowded as i remember it being (maybe cause the forecast called for rain) but it was the usual night skiing crowd- 90% teenagers.

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

Once we made our way over to south I let Junior hang out with his friends and did some runs on my own. He was right about that part of the mountain being covered in terrain park features but it was still fun.

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

I came across some race training too.

IMG_7427.jpg

The double chair that brings you back to the Granite and Vernon sections of the mountain takes forever and seems very isolated but the quiet is kind of nice too.

IMG_7439.jpg

I spent most of my time skiing around the Granite quad. It did rain most of the time I was there but just a drizzle really- nothing a little Gore Tex couldn’t handle. Mountain Creek gets a lot of well deserved abuse but skiing is skiing and getting turns on a work day is sweet.

IMG_7455.jpg

Back