Greek Peak 02/06/23

Cornhead

Ahhh, routine back to normal, 4 was spinning. As soon as I walked into the lodge and spoke with Camo John I realized I f'd up yesterday. Turns out chair 5 opened at 9:30 with shuttle service. If I wasn't so pissed over the state of affairs on the front side, I might have thought to check about that as soon as the line at the quad got ridiculous. Sorry Gorgonzola, I dropped the ball. Those smart enough to realize 5 might b open as usual with shuttle service, had it to themselves. We did too, but only for a couple runs as 4 opened shortly after we got over to 5.

As I said, the normal routine worked today, skied the quad till about 9. Headed over to 4. Made one run down Pollux, by the time I got back up, ropes had dropped on Upper Mars and Arcadian Gate. Tore up the fresh grooming on Mars for 4 or 5 runs, then started skiing the groomed as far as Arethusa, and finishing on that. All skied well. Some kids built a kicker on the lip before the drop. Got this pic just before we left.
IMG_20220206_104657012~4.jpg

I wish there were snow behind him instead of trees, kinda camouflaged. When I first looked at the pic I thought I only got his shadow on the snow.
IMG_20220206_104657012~6.jpg

Where's Waldo?
IMG_20220206_083824139.jpg

IMG_20220206_092929190.jpg

IMG_20220206_093821141.jpg

And since I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't whine about something concerning Greek... checkout the inside of the portapotty at the base of 5. I came out yesterday and two young ladies were waiting outside. I told them you probably want to hold it and head over to the base.
IMG_20220206_101824495.jpg

IMG_20220206_101828905.jpg

Belly up to the bar.

Ahhh, routine back to normal, 4 was spinning. As soon as I walked into the lodge and spoke with Camo John I realized I f'd up yesterday. Turns out chair 5 opened at 9:30 with shuttle service. If I wasn't so pissed over the state of affairs on the front side, I might have thought to check about that as soon as the line at the quad got ridiculous. Sorry Gorgonzola, I dropped the ball. Those smart enough to realize 5 might b open as usual with shuttle service, had it to themselves. We did too, but only for a couple runs as 4 opened shortly after we got over to 5.

As I said, the normal routine worked today, skied the quad till about 9. Headed over to 4. Made one run down Pollux, by the time I got back up, ropes had dropped on Upper Mars and Arcadian Gate. Tore up the fresh grooming on Mars for 4 or 5 runs, then started skiing the groomed as far as Arethusa, and finishing on that. All skied well. Some kids built a kicker on the lip before the drop. Got this pic just before we left.
View attachment 12809
I wish there were snow behind him instead of trees, kinda camouflaged. When I first looked at the pic I thought I only got his shadow on the snow.
View attachment 12810
Where's Waldo?
View attachment 12811
View attachment 12812
View attachment 12813
And since I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't whine about something concerning Greek... checkout the inside of the portapotty at the base of 5. I came out yesterday and two young ladies were waiting outside. I told them you probably want to hold it and head over to the base.
View attachment 12814
View attachment 12815
Belly up to the bar.

Glad I didn't have to pee!

I was hoping you would have some info on what was up with chair 5. It stopped four times on one of my rides up. I chalked it up to beginner lift issues. It stopped once on my last ride up, and never seemed to get back to full speed. At the top, the world's best lift attendant was letting us know that they weren't loading so the bottom. I was leaving anyhow, so it didn't matter. There were a bunch of empty chairs heading up, and it was stopped when I got to the base. By the time I was heading out, it was moving again.

Glad I didn't have to pee!

I was hoping you would have some info on what was up with chair 5. It stopped four times on one of my rides up. I chalked it up to beginner lift issues. It stopped once on my last ride up, and never seemed to get back to full speed. At the top, the world's best lift attendant was letting us know that they weren't loading so the bottom. I was leaving anyhow, so it didn't matter. There were a bunch of empty chairs heading up, and it was stopped when I got to the base. By the time I was heading out, it was moving again.
Oh, you just had to ruin it, didn't you. When all I had to bitch about was an overflowing portapotty. The more things change, the more they stay the same. FYI, chair 4 is going to be worked on tomorrow and Tuesday, from what I've heard.

Oh, you just had to ruin it, didn't you. When all I had to bitch about was an overflowing portapotty. The more things change, the more they stay the same. FYI, chair 4 is going to be worked on tomorrow and Tuesday, from what I've heard.
That's why I avoided it, thanks for the heads up. Didn't it just get some major work done a few years ago? I remember it being down for a while.

Rode the quad from 9:00 until the lines got long around 10:00. Skied to two which was spinning but wasn't loading and had a long line waiting so I went back to the quad and over to 4. Rode 4 twice without any problems or stops. Skied down Arcadian Gate to 5 and it was stopped. I rode that twice with one stop but saw it stop a few times and the line was getting long. I noticed when it stopped that the liftie would reach up with a pole and reset a switch on the first set of sheaves. I did notice that one time the chair bounced when loaded and then stopped. Maybe some type of safety switch? Couldn't be a brittle bar that would have to be replaced. That chair does have a steep take-off after the first set of sheaves. Other than Lift 4 and the quad, the other chairs are all Halls which are work horses. Greek likely needs a Hall expert to come in and rehab those chairs. If maintained and maybe with the drives updated they should run for a long time without problems.

Back