Greek Peak 02/05/22

Cornhead

Greek continues to amaze. Got there at opening, skied four great runs, about two inches on top of groomed, one of my favorite surfaces to ski. Anyway, no line whatsoever on our first three runs. The line was quite substantial after our fourth. No problem, we know the drill, over to 4, ski 4 until 5 opens. Yep, 4 down. Back to the quad, ran into Gorgonzola and two of his buddies. He heard me whining about Greek, like I always do, and said, ",You sound like you have a head full of corn." Had alot of fun skiing with them. We hit the right side of Fields, Iliad, and the trail of the day, Olympian. We kept an eye on 4 when we could, still not running. 2 wasn't running either.

They got one running around 10, two about 10:30. I took them to lower Aesop's via the connector off of Karyatis. I left them there to hit the bar. At the bar I tried to find out if 5 was open despite 4 being down. Couldn't really get an answer. We headed out to the shuttle bus, it was open. Made a couple run on right side of Mars all the way down, it was really good. We noticed the line growing and assumed four was up and running, it was. We headed back to the base. We went down Castor instead of lower Zeus so we could see how long the line at four was, too long, heading back up the hill. We skied to chair one. I decided to ski Olympian as my final run of the day. Lets say it was considerably sportier than it was in the morning, scraped down to ice on the steep part. Go into the lodge to deboot. Someone had removed my hiking boots from the shelf and and put them on the floor so they'd have room for their bag. No biggie, till I went to put them on, the inside of my left boot was soaking wet. It didn't smell like urine, but who knows. Stuffed a bunch of paper towels in it and walked around to dry it out the best I could.

Yet another day of great conditions at Greek...tainted. Bring it on Camp.
IMG_20220205_081949182.jpg

Waiting for the quad to load first thing
IMG_20220205_092403071.jpg

Fields early, a few flakes flying.
IMG_20220205_092936711.jpg

Fourth chair of the day, starting to get a little busy.
IMG_20220205_102502704.jpg

Olympian early, a few slick spots, but tons of snow. Much better than my last run.
IMG_20220205_102507285.jpg

Gorgonzola and his pals, sorry, killed those brain cells, Jeff, and Chris?
IMG_20220205_123207852.jpg

Lower Mars
IMG_20220205_132143438.jpg

Iliad
IMG_20220205_132442028.jpg

Start of Olympian

Last edited:
Great day, good skiing with you Cornhead! After a late night audible we were on the road by 6. Snow was great , reminds me of the Greek of days of old with light snow with the sun trying to peak through. Lift openings were a bit of a cluster but the sign at #5 said they were looking to fill 18 lifty openings ?!?! After Corn took off we lapped #2 glades a bit, when 4 still wasn’t open we took a quick lunch and beer break, by then 4 opened and hit that and 5, right side and the last pitch were a hoot. It was great to escape the blue mt shit show even if it was for a bit of another one lol, the snow and trees made it well worth it!
D5A53DA4-A5EE-41B5-B877-54B83E932A0D.jpeg

1BD06BE0-8FBB-4D27-9562-3F8A4559DE49.jpeg

Great day, good skiing with you Cornhead! After a late night audible we were on the road by 6. Snow was great , reminds me of the Greek of days of old with light snow with the sun trying to peak through. Lift openings were a bit of a cluster but the sign at #5 said they were looking to fill 18 lifty openings ?!?! After Corn took off we lapped #2 glades a bit, when 4 still wasn’t open we took a quick lunch and beer break, by then 4 opened and hit that and 5, right side and the last pitch were a hoot. It was great to escape the blue mt shit show even if it was for a bit of another one lol, the snow and trees made it well worth it!
View attachment 12748
View attachment 12749
Yes, so nice to ski with you guys. Glad we got Olympian early, it was scary at 2 o'clock. Probably not as much if my edges were sharper, weeeeee!

We were about the 4th people down upper Arcadian when 4 opened. I could have wished for a bit more pitch, but it was lovely. Trees were great too. Lines weren't too bad except the uncontrolled shitshow at the quad.

Back