Gore Mountain, NY: 4/2/22 - Walkin on Sunshine

Harvey

Administrator
Since Gore is on hiatus from the front page, I'll post a TR.

What a beautiful day.

I went almost the entire day today skiing with Suds, and Duck, and Suds and Duck, and some solo.
ski the east

sky

I tried to come as late as I could but it wasn't nearly late enough. At the time I normally get in the car, I walked around our land to dream about the future. Still not even close, way too early.

From the start things were firm, except for a few hundred feet at the bottom.

Gore gondola

Eleventh Mountain

Eleventh Mountain

Suds tried an experiment, he stayed behind me, except when it was just too painful.

Over on Sagamore, we did several laps where I would do everything I could to stay ahead, T2B the run, and he would blow by me on that final headwall. It was a great exercise in fast skiing for me. We did several BRQs. Suds was on a mission: 30 total laps.

I love the transitions you make on Sagamore when you come to those steeper pitches. You are flying GS and then quickly bang out some bumps, and then widen it out again.

Suds

Eventually it all got soft. It was amazing that it never got sticky and I never got stuck even once all day. Even when cruising a few puddles.

Suds

Not easy to get Suds on film, here he is, in his natural habitat

Topridge

Topridge was excellent

Topridge Triple

Upper Chatiemac

Chati was the full on schizz

Lower Chatiemac

Rumor sign

Some years I don't do Rumor. Last year was one of those years. This year too, until today, when I did it 3x.

Duck in the bumps

Duck skied some bumps/

Rumor

For a Saturday with prime corn, the place was deserted. There was never a line at the gondola, all day.

Back