Gore Mountain, NY: 3/19/11

x10003q

Today started with clouds and temps in the high 20s. We were indecisive about where to ski and ultimately chose Gore. In an effort to let the trails soften, we took the time for a great breakfast at Sara's.

1_Sarah_Cafe.jpg

Breakfast at Sarah's

It was flurrying and windy at the Saddle. Our first run was Showcase. The top was very firm but it softened as we headed back down to the Adirondack Express. We decided to head down to the Ski Bowl via the Sleeping Bear and Pipeline. It was a pretty easy ride and by the time we reached the first bridge the sun was starting to work the trails. We crossed the bridge onto Peaceful Valley and headed down to the Ski Bowl Base. After a short ride back up we skied Oak Ridge to Moxham and Oak Ridge to Peaceful Valley.

2_Oak_Ridge_Trail.jpg

First stop Ski Bowl

This was my first time skiing the Bowl and I found myself thinking about skiers from past generations enjoying the same trails and views. I am so glad this area was reopened. The contours of the terrain seem to remain true to their original designers.

3_X_on_Moxham.jpg

x10003q on Moxham

The great view of North Creek split by the fast running Hudson River.

3a_View_from_Oak_Ridge.jpg

View from Oak Ridge

Harv_Somewhere.jpg

Today's trail of choice was the groomed Sagamore. We took one more run about 10 more times. By mid-afternoon there were soft mushy bumps to be found up and down the trail.

3b_BRQ_Lift_Ride.jpg

7_Duck_on_Sagamore.jpg

Duck on Sagamore

6_Suds_on_Sagamore.jpg

Suds on Sagamore

4_Hickory_from_Echo.jpg

Hickory in the distance

5_Duck_on_Echo.jpg

Duck on Echo

We headed back on Echo and closed out the day with the bump run in the Arena.

8_X_in_Arena2.jpg

x10003q in the Arena

Last edited by a moderator:
Back