Gore Mountain, NY: 3/13/16

Harvey

Administrator
Ski Day 29: Man last night, last afternoon I was so whipped. I got back to the cabin and passed out on the futon around dark and slept until about 3 in the morning. Or maybe it was 4. I final got back to sleep and the alarm went off quick, I wasn't really paying attention to the time change.

cabin_-_1.jpg

Up, coffee, drain the pipes and over to the mountain. Earlier than conventional wisdom might dictate but temps never really got below freezing and I wanted to hit the cord on the lower mountain.

sunway.jpg

Sunway mmmm

I did laps on the lower mountain, riding the express. I figured as long as Fox Lair was stiff, no reason to head up. Yet.

After 5 laps I ran into Newman! and Shaman, we got a Gondi and the took Uncle Cracker to the quad.

We did Lies and of course I got dropped.

Rumor-entrance_-_1.jpg

I rode up with Patrol and Kirby told me my timing was good. We dropped the ropes on Rumor and I used the old "let me go first and I'll take your picture" routine to snag first rips.

patrol-rumor_-_1.jpg

Rumor

Something happened today that was a game changer. I connect with BRLKED and Robin an slowed down. We skied everything we could think of, at my speed. Wow it was so much fun.

lies_-_1.jpg

Robin on Lies

Sig appeared out of nowhere, introduced himself and he slowed down too. For a while.

sig_-_1_(2).jpg

Sig

sig_-_1_(4).jpg

ed-orr.jpg

BRLKED

Best snow of the day was quite possibly on Topridge and Uncas.

topridge_-_1.jpg

Topridge

Fantastic snow, deep cover for the most part, really fun skiing. Such a sweet day.

Need a plan for number 30.

Back