Gore Mountain, NY: 2/13/11

Harvey

Administrator
Ski Day 22: The trees were in excellent shape at Gore today. Skier traffic had ground any trace of crust into complete submission. And while only a few inches were reported since last weekend the difference was striking.

I was pretty tired from the first half of the weekend. Yet another drive from the flatlands, getting up early to ski Hickory, skiing bell-to-bell, dinner at Basil and Wicks, getting Neve to bed, and working until midnight on my report from Telefest.

So I had no problem hanging out with Zach in front of the Gondi, while we waited for Rick and Mary.

Rick_on_Uncas.jpg

Rick on Uncas

Rick pulled me aside to let me know that the over/under in the Tannery Pub on how long Zach would sit out was 3 weeks, and he'd hit that exactly. It's was odd for me to see Zach skiing like a mere mortal. My heart did skip a beat when he did the Snowpipe Limbo.

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Thanks-Whiteface-Ski-Patrol-tp2250482p2250482.html

Zach_on_High_Pines.jpg

"Zach recuperates as per doctor's orders"

We spent the whole morning up top, in the trees and doing runs on the Dark Side and across the summit. We also connected with Chuck and Bobbie.

Around 11:15 we pulled up the Straightbrook chair and ran into PDQ, EDeO, Russ, and Rochester Mark. I took one last run with them before I headed down at noon, for the drive home.

Rochester_Mark.jpg

Rochester Mark

Chatiemac.jpg

Headin' Down.

I'm loving the new Chatterbox Glades. Takes some of the sting out of quiting if you can hit one last tree run on the way down.

Great weekend for me.

Back