Gore Mountain, NY: 12/16 and 12/17/17

Harvey

Administrator
Arrived in the dark Friday night, cranked a fire and headed out to check the snow.

porch_-_1.jpg

Still haven't put the MTB in winter storage so space is tight inside.

Up early and over to the mountain. Often I seem to share first gondi with friendly (but maybe shy?) Michele in the green coat. She's a first tracks girl. Seems like we both head for Sunway when there is fresh cord, so I pulled up quick to get a shot of her.

sunway_-_1.jpg

Sublime

Plan was to connect with Square Eddy and to do that I should have waited at the bottom. BUT, I didn't. Off to the top.

uncas-view_-_1.jpg

Nice morning. Hawkeye was scratchy so I lapped Headwaters which was fantastic. Some sweet fresh and untracked down skiers right. I kept lapping it hoping for a shot at Open Pit. I dig get one on the third time back and repeated it for another. Funky chalk whales could be a name for a band.

open-pit-closed_-_1_28129.jpg

The new summit lodge was nice.

window_-_1.jpg

Eventually I came back down to find Eddy working with NYSEF. He finished drilling his gates and then we made some turns.

lincoln_-_1_28129.jpg

Eddy

lincoln_-_1_28329.jpg

eric_-_1_28129.jpg

Eric rips!

In the afternoon I headed back to the cabin to lay tracks on all our trails, and then headed out to Square Eddy's Casey Mountain Camp for a fantastic meal.

Sunday I got a super early start and skied with Freeheeln and eventually tBatt. Even thought it snowed all day on Saturday I thought the skiing was better on Sunday...

freeheeln_-_1.jpg

freeheeln

tBatt_-_1.jpg

tBatt

tBatt... well I was stunned. 10 days on tele and he looks good to me.

After I hit the road around 1, they dropped the rope on Lies. Who got it?

Back