Gore Mountain, NY: 1/9/11

Harvey

Administrator
Ski Day 12: Got a bit of a late start this morning as it was our daughter's first day in Gore's Mountain Adventure program. I was in the singles line at 9am and got loaded into a Gondi cabin with EDeO, Russ, Chuck, Bobbie and Crew. Karma baby!

On the ride up we discussed strategy. I was a little skeptical about the top, based on yesterday's ski. EDeO says to me ... "today is not yesterday." One thing I have learned ><i> take EDeO's advice</i>.

Uncas.jpg

Uncas

We took Uncas down, and it was groomed and super carveable. Overnight the wind had loaded dense snow the right side.

EDeO_Uncas.jpg

EDeO hammers the wind deposited snow on Uncas skier's right

EDeO pushed us to hit Lies right away. When we saw the telltale corduroy at the top, we hit it full speed.

Bobbie_Lies.jpg

Bobby Smokes Lies

The entire length of Lies was in incredible shape. Carveable to a full ski width at least.

Lies_Headwall.jpg

Lies Headwall

EDeO_Lies.jpg

EDeO

Chuck_Lies.jpg

Chuck

Headwalls on the Darkside weren't as soft as Lies or Hawkeye, which were both excellent. I had to be back at the base a noon, so I peeled off down Hawkeye. Hawkeye was a continuous stretch of soft thigh-deep bumps. Skier's left was especially fun.

When I made it to the Topridge Lift, Duck greeted me. Harv! <i>"Hang out.. here comes Suds!"</i>

We rode the lift. Suds said he was taking a break but riding over Topridge, just looking at it ... we decided on one more run.

Duck_Topridge.jpg

Duck on Topridge

Suds_Topridge.jpg

Suds in Bumps

Very cool to finally meet Suds, to ski with EDeO and crew, and even got to make a few runs with JMP and Len.

I'm a happy boy tonight.

Back