Gore Mountain - 3.16.24

Evan

Straight Brook Quad.jpg

As it looks like this may be the final weekend of skiing for most of WNY, I wanted to head north east for better conditions. Gore scored some good snow from the storm last weekend, and I was interested in skiing there for the first time.

Robert Leading.jpg

I reached out to @Robert and he was also headed there with Alex. Tiff and I met up with them just after opening for a fun spring day. It was 35° at 8:30am and was going to warm up to 50° as the day went on. Fog was dense on the upper half of the mountain for the first hour, so we stuck to terrain closer to the base area. After the fog cleared we set out for trails across the rest of the mountain. Conditions were soft and the snow stayed nice through the morning, and better yet – no lift lines!

BR Quad.jpg

@Robert knew the mountain well and was a great tour guide taking us all around. My personal favorite run of the day was Sagamore under the Burnt Ridge quad. There was little to no traffic there with Echo closed for racing. With over 50 trails open we had a great time exploring.

top ridge.jpg

Exposed areas were starting to show on some trails but we were impressed with the snow coverage. As the day went on conditions turned bumpy, but that didn't slow us down.

Deck.jpg

Ending the day in the sun at the Base Lodge deck was the ideal finish to a long ski day. It was well worth the haul from WNY, and I look forward to coming back next season!

Back