Gen X .......Cicadas?

Sbob

They’re Back

I was out for quick hike with the family a few minutes from home yesterday and about to park my car when I heard a old familiar noise.
As we walked towards the lake they were everywhere, as my son was taking a picture of one another ending up in his hair Lol.

This morning I spoke with the contractor friend of mine who had a crazy story. Seems his wife wanted to bring all the plants inside again because it was going to be in the 40s this weekend. Apparently they didn’t notice all the cicadas that had climbed up into the plants, his wife has a literal jungle and fills one room of the house with her plants. As they warmed up all the cicadas started to become active and start flying around the house. They decided to start their mating calls he said literally my whole house was vibrating with the noise. It took hours an hours to get all of them under control apparently his dog decided they taste good too.
There were a few stragglers this morning after two heaping dust pans full he thinks there all out.

They are going nuts about 10 miles from here, but we really don't have many here. At least you can't hear them. Makes no sense we are right in the middle of that map.

It's kind of a wild thing. My wife was guessing because they evolved that way, they have no real predators.
Walked outside this morning and they’re loud!
I can’t say that I’ve seen a giant cloud of them in the sky, mostly hanging out singing. So maybe the radar glitch isn’t what they thought?

Back