Fictional trail maps

cerv1

I used to draw ski maps when I was a kid. I probably made dozens but only a few survived.

This one feels very East Coast, maybe a cross between Stowe and Sunday River.
19CB1D1F-2FC2-4179-B190-BA903FD96BBF.jpeg

This one feels like a West Coast mountain (Mammoth?) run by Six Flags!
8CB61A44-A33B-4FFF-8BC8-8CB662C1F519.jpeg

I used to draw ski maps when I was a kid. I probably made dozens but only a few survived.

This one feels very East Coast, maybe a cross between Stowe and Sunday River.
View attachment 8715

This one feels like a West Coast mountain (Mammoth?) run by Six Flags!View attachment 8716
Based on the number of lifts in your bottom map I don't think anyone would be standing in line there. Doesn't cost anything to dream.
I've done some sketches on how I would modify existing mountain layouts but never saved any.

Looks like the lower mountain was designed by a girl and the upper mountain by her A.D.D. brother.
Ha! You sound like my brother. I was a strong believer in creating pods that catered to different experience levels, with one long easy run amongst the blacks or a steep bump run in the middle of a beginner area.

Ciao! is a great name for a run

Are these maps based on real topography? I once drew a plan for a 2600 vert resort in the Catskills that was based on an actual mountain. I found a formula to calculate pitch and everything.

Good ol Lift 14. We had some fights about that!

And of course the planned devastation of Burnt Ridge. :(
Must’ve been before my time on here. Been reading public's responses at public hearing(s) included in the UMP(s). Some are moist definitely fictitious trail maps and/or should be.

Are these maps based on real topography? I once drew a plan for a 2600 vert resort in the Catskills that was based on an actual mountain. I found a formula to calculate pitch and everything.
Everything about mine is fictitious. But love the idea of making trails based on real mountains...

Back