Crystal Mtn Mich 3/3/22

ciscokid

Finally got into the pass wars with a spring Indy. Got my RFID, neat when tech works. It has been 4 years since skiing Crystal so I got my Indy pass and off I went. Again a rare bluebird and light wind , mid twenties was about perfect. Even $4 a gallon gas wouldn’t deter this midweek 200 mile round trip gorgeous winter day ski outing.
About a half hour farther than Caberfae, Crystal sports a shorter vert at 375 but has 360 degree aspects, a HS quad, and a more polished product.

The Loki Skytrac
66AC34A4-D029-4C2D-93BB-0425A0015D96.jpeg

576525A9-A04B-487A-AD5E-A40C363F3CE6.jpeg

Thi area opened in the fifties and has grown into a full scale resort and has a good out of state following as it has terrain for most any skier. Plenty of lodging and all the trappings, had a good lesson provided here several years ago for a grandson. Beginner, intermediate and challenging glades abound.

They have grown their parks and jumps in the last four years
2171CA89-69E9-4E95-8CF1-41C595CBEDA4.jpeg

CD203ED9-D22F-43F5-90D1-B928846797B9.jpeg

There’s something about a day to reflect on memories of the times I had the grandsons here while riding the creeping north and south peak CTEC’s and at the time the first day 7 year old grandson Brendan hopped on a snowboard and made it look like he had been doing it for years. That was seven years ago.

Just a super mid week ski on day I wish I could have shared with a family member or buddy.

Finally got into the pass wars with a spring Indy. Got my RFID, neat when tech works. It has been 4 years since skiing Crystal so I got my Indy pass and off I went. Again a rare bluebird and light wind , mid twenties was about perfect. Even $4 a gallon gas wouldn’t deter this midweek 200 mile round trip gorgeous winter day ski outing.
About a half hour farther than Caberfae, Crystal sports a shorter vert at 375 but has 360 degree aspects, a HS quad, and a more polished product.

The Loki Skytrac
View attachment 13533
View attachment 13534

Thi area opened in the fifties and has grown into a full scale resort and has a good out of state following as it has terrain for most any skier. Plenty of lodging and all the trappings, had a good lesson provided here several years ago for a grandson. Beginner, intermediate and challenging glades abound.

They have grown their parks and jumps in the last four yearsView attachment 13535View attachment 13538View attachment 13537

There’s something about a day to reflect on memories of the times I had the grandsons here while riding the creeping north and south peak CTEC’s and at the time the first day 7 year old grandson Brendan hopped on a snowboard and made it look like he had been doing it for years. That was seven years ago.

Just a super mid week ski on day I wish I could have shared with a family member or buddy.

The Loki Skytrac View attachment 13533View attachment 13534

They have grown their parks and jumps in the last four yearsView attachment 13535View attachment 13538View attachment 13537

Glad to see you getting out again

Back