Core shot repair

Scrundy

So last season got a nasty core shot, down to wood right on edge. I tried to fix on my own with metal grip and ptex over top.

Held for who knows how long but after first day back on them it was toast. Then took to ski shop had them fill it and that lasted about 2 ski days. Went to different ski shop and it lasted a month.
I’m looking to try again and been thinking about trying a epoxy that can be purchased from auto body supplier but a chunk of change. Especially since it’s the size of pencil eraser. The epoxy I was looking at needs a special mixing tip also pricey.
Now thinking of trying JB weld first but got to thinking maybe someone on here got some words of wisdom? I’m all ears

For around 6$ you can get approx half ounce size siringe with 2 part epoxy from Home Depot etc
Gorilla, Locktite are a few name brands, some have the little mixing tip included but if not it’s easy to mix them and apply , you can also squeeze some into a ziplock bag (any plastic bag) mix it in the bag by squeezing and working the epoxy by hand, cut a corner of the bag after it’s mixed and apply right from the bag
you will have to make sure the ski/board sits long enough for any moisture that got in to dry out

Here's a couple of videos from Mark Sewell. Uses epoxy and adds a little cloth to help the ptex grip the epoxy. http://skivisions.us/19466.html
IF that doesn't work I think I would just fill it with silicone caulk to keep the moisture out. And I know, cobbled up repairs like that are probably why I never got any World Cup points,

mm

drive a screw in sidewise through edge. my experience is once the edge goes put a fork in them and start shopping for another pair. or ski on them like i do. not great for gs turns but still fun in powder.

Back