Catskill game farm in NY might come back

ScottySkis

The once-popular Catskill Game Farm is on the market. And it's a location with lots of potential but there's much work to be done.

I think the current owners were trying to operate as a campground/B&B. Has anyone proposed bring it back as a zoo?

If they try we will protest it.. The legacy of animal abuse there is real and won't be forgotten.
That is what I was thinking about. It was a total anachronism by the time it closed. I’m not completely anti-zoo but the low budget ones are usually a mess. I brought Junior when he was a toddler but never went back with Danger Boy. The lion there was one of the saddest things I ever saw. On the other hand there’s a really cute pic some place of Junior feeding a piglet from a bottle.

Wow, didn't know the Catskill Game Farm continued into the 21st century. My memories are fuzzy but the main reason I wanted to attend the August session of my summer camp in the early 1960s was because a day trip to the Game Farm was included. Only happened once though out of three summers. My camp was a short drive from the Game Farm.

Back