Cape May

Campgottagopee

We're heading out tomorrow AM for some RnR. Gotta sweet place on Cape May. Open to any and all suggestions of restaurants, bars, and dive bars.

gotta have ugly mug crab cakes and lobster house - get take out at the lobster house and sit on the deck. head north a little and have orange/grapefruit crushes at two mile landing, a little further north into Diamond Beach for the BEST mussels in the world at the Crest Tavern happy hour. Catch a sunset at sunset beach - make sure the winds not blowing offshore.

c'mon, we need more detail than that! best of / worst of?

c'mon, we need more detail than that! best of / worst of?

LOL!!
Lobster House --- food was great as was the service. We got there at 430 and the line was out the door!! F me, I thought, but we moved quickly and were at the bar in 25 minutes. After a couple drinks and an app at the bar we were seated at our table. I had the Lobster House Special, lobster, shrimp, and scallops over linguini with butter garlic.
Second night we went to the 2 Mile Crab House, sat outside right by the water, in was hotter than the hubs of hell but the margarita's cooled us off. Seafood was again great. I had crab, shrimp, and scallops au gratin.
Third night we went to Oyster Bay Restaurant and Bar which was only a couple blocks from our place. This was our favorite and right up our alley. Big bar with lots of room where you could order off the dinner menu. This was also my favorite meal getting the seafood pot pie. Lobster, shrimp scallops, potatoes, carrots, and peas all in a flaky crust. Damn! That was bangin'.

By far, though, the best was the dedicated dog beach in Wildwood. It was a short drive (15 minutes) from our plkace and well worth it. Was a blst seeing Doc and all the other pups enjoying the waves. Seems we have quite the surfing pit bull, who knew?

The worst was the humidity ---- there were times I felt like a worm on a hot rock while lugging all our shit out to the beach. Once situated the ice cold beer made it all worth while.

Having our pup with us we really couldn't do any bar hopping but we were certainly OK with that. It was a great time at the ocean and we will 100% be back to Cape May NJ.

Back