Boyne Mtn, Boyne Falls Mi. 4/6/24

MiSkier

Around 4 weeks ago my daughter Megan and I thought we won’t be having our annual tradition of skiing in April. It was very disappointing because April 6th was her 30th birthday and all she wanted for her birthday was to ski. Well about 3 weeks ago Boyne announced that any season pass that works in Michigan you could get a $20 lift ticket and that they were not done blowing snow. Well Boyne came through and made snow on their core runs.

IMG_4962.jpeg

The forecast was around 32 in the morning and a high of 50 with nothing but sunshine and next to no wind. The snow started out firm but you could get an edge in. The April sun worked its magic and with each run the snow would soften up.

IMG_4963.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

Boyne prides its self on their terrain park and it has to be one of if not the longest terrain parks in the state. The best part is riding the Ramshead lift and watching the people in the park hitting the jumps.

IMG_4964.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

Boyne’s steepest run Devils Dive was not skiable this year. Normally it’s still going strong in April. As is more of the hill. But this season was the season of not refreshing the snow, but it the season of rebuilding a base and it showed

IMG_4965.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

One of the great parts of a warm spring day is The Halfway House. It’s a great place where people gather to enjoy food and drink and have fun. It’s basically tailgating on the hill.

IMG_4969.jpeg

IMG_4980.jpeg

If it couldn’t be a powder day Megan and I agreed today was the next best thing. The snow never turned to mash potatoes. It held up well under the Michigan sun.

IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

IMG_4979.jpeg

IMG_4977.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

We got around 25 runs in and ended our day at the 40 Acre Tavern and some honey Sriracha wings and a cold beer
IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg

IMG_4984.jpeg

It was a great day. It all started with my good friend Bruce who lives a lot closer to Boyne than us and started skiing before we were ready told Duane the face of the 6 pack lift to wish Megan a happy birthday when we were loading. He got all the people in line to do it. Megan is easy to spot. She has bright green/yellow snow pants

IMG_4988.jpeg

Want started out as I don’t think we will be skiing in April turned into the best last day of the season. I have made many new friends this season due to being part of a Facebook group about Michigan skiing, I got to meet MarzNC this year. It was a challenging season for snow but it also was one of the best because of the people and the true diehard skiers that got out and made the best of it.
As always thank you to everyone on NYSkiblog for talking some interest in my adventures on the Michigan ski hills. We don’t have the vertical but we have the passion.
IMG_4986.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4964.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 70
Back