Best MTB trail in the NY metro area

jasonwx

The White Trail in RIngwood, NJ is my favorite trail. It starts with 30 to 45 min fire road grind. That ends with a view of NYC.. The last 1/2 mile to the lookout is a beast of a rock garden but it's worth it.

The ride down is flow and mixed with rock gardens that actually flow.. It's about 2 or 2.5 hr ride in total.

If you are solid intermediate rider this will not disappoint.. Here's a few pics..

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing in those photos looks beastly to me, looks sweet.

Looks like some work went into those trails.

Nothing in those photos looks beastly to me, looks sweet.

Looks like some work went into those trails.
The pics are a bit deceiving , it's a challenging ride but fun..

I assume that your Top 5 include Mountain Creek and Sterling Forest?

The Creek is a totally different beast. Sterling is good but doesn't have the sustained downhill of Ringwood.

Jason it's tempting. My bike needs work, and the shop wants me to leave it for a WEEK. Some stupid covid thing. Needless to say I've been ignoring it.

Got wheels I can borrow?

Sorry Bro..only have one bike

a week isn't bad..some shops are saying a month

The White Trail in RIngwood, NJ is my favorite trail. It starts with 30 to 45 min fire road grind. That ends with a view of NYC.. The last 1/2 mile to the lookout is a beast of a rock garden but it's worth it.

The ride down is flow and mixed with rock gardens that actually flow.. It's about 2 or 2.5 hr ride in total.

If you are solid intermediate rider this will not disappoint.. Here's a few pics..

Jason, can you ride up the flowy single track instead of taking the fireroad? Is it two-way?

Jason, can you ride up the flowy single track instead of taking the fireroad? Is it two-way?
It's can be ridden up the single track.. I did it for years, it took for ever to figure out the fire roads...
But you have to deal with a fair amount of rock...better on the way down

Back